cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Drawing Template and BOM table

kgwmu
1-Newbie

Drawing Template and BOM table

Hi,

I have created a format and a template for creating new drawings. In the format I have created a BOM table with 2D repeat regions, so it automatically populates when an assmebly is added to the drawing. I then created a template that uses that format. The problem I am having is that the BOM table will not populate when I create a new assembly drawing using the template. If I create a new assembly drawing using the format the BOM table populates like it should. In my attempt to figure this problem out, I have tried adding a table to the template separate from the format and I still am not getting the BOM table to populate. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kgwmu
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

yes, everything was added in the template mode.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:kgwmu)

Did you have the template in "Template" mode before applying the format to it or manually inserting the BOM?

kgwmu
1-Newbie

yes, everything was added in the template mode.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Does the BOM work correctly if the table is manually added directly to a drawing (with the assembly already present in the drawing)?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Forget it. I forgot you already said it worked fine on the format.

What version of Creo are you running? I can do a quick test here....

kgwmu
1-Newbie

I am using creo 2. If you can open them, I will send the files over.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Yes, I have WF5, Creo 2, and Creo 3 currently installed. Feel free to PM me if you don't want them public.

kgwmu
1-Newbie

I would attach them here or in a PM but I don't see how to add a file...I only see how to add a link.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I just sent a PM to you.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags