cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Error routing wires thru component in flat harness

Dragos_Tabara
4-Participant

Error routing wires thru component in flat harness

Hello all,

When I want to fan other wires thru a splice component, these are switching direction from Z axis to X axis. They make a 90deg turn and this is certainly an error. Does someone knows how to resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

You don't give much information about your splice and the wiring certainly looks odd...

There are several splice types available and we mainly use the

1. Butt Splice (single ended) including wire nuts, wago, etc.

These we model as a connector.
- The Wago connector has many entry ports (depending on model. Connect single wire to each entry port.
- Wire nut or Butt Splice has only one entry port and all wires goes to that one port. (J2 on the schematic diagram).

Wires always exit to z-direction.

2. Tap connectors
Only single wire is tapped. These connectors we add to a network point using the Insert Component->Splice-command (J3 on schematic). 

Flat success depends many times on the route network.

The sample schematic looks like this...

Lars_F_0-1691397600129.png

and the cable looks as follows...

Lars_F_4-1691399140910.png

Flat harness looks like...

Lars_F_3-1691399102578.png

Note that the wire bypassing the tap splice on the flat drawing (W3 on schematic) does not look good (hardly exists) but the length is OK on the drawing.

Br,

Lars

Dragos_Tabara
4-Participant
(To:Lars_F)

Hello Lars_F,

Thank you for writing me.

I didn't used Schematic so, I have assigned those parts as Splice because I don't have other possibilities.

Dragos_Tabara_0-1691398506881.png

The component is prepared with 2 entry ports for each hole considering every wire (14 in total) to go automatically thru, when I Fan Out the splice.

Dragos_Tabara_1-1691398550460.png

I have made Lay Out for Green wire and the others had to be and to take same route (I think). but instead going to the next Entry port (CS11_B) they are following the X axis.

Dragos_Tabara_2-1691398708521.png

If I change the orientation of the X axis the wires are updated acc.

Dragos_Tabara_3-1691398932557.png

BR,

Dragos

Hi,

Is that "hole"-thing really a splice. Does it have electrical connections or is it just a feed through seal or something?

If it is a seal then I would place the seal and route the cables from end to end.

Then I would "Insert location" to each wire referencing the applicable hole coordinate on the seal.

Finally I would  use the "Components -> Attach to Harness" for the seal so that it would be visible on the drawing.

Lars_F_0-1691415111643.png

Another way to proceed might be to use the thing with the holes as a component. Then you would route the cables from the connector to the seal and then another wire from the seal to the other connector.  Then there will be two wires and a discontinuity on the seal. Routing would be easy though (if you use schematic)...

Lars_F_1-1691415405808.png

I don't know how I would use the "splice"-command for that except for one single connection...

br,

Lars

Dragos_Tabara
4-Participant
(To:Lars_F)

Hi, 

Yes, is just a feed through and first I have use just with "Components -> Attach to Harness"  and my problem started when I wanted to create the flat variant because the wires must be manually bend and twist in order to have a better "view" but not as it will be in reality. So, in that moment I was thinking if I can use the feed through component as a splice and when I use "Fan Out" all these wires will come up automatically in each hole and then I saw that error.

I'm also thinking about using as a connector, but I don't want to have a discontinuity.

BR,

Dragos

Top Tags