cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to add "Edit value(Shortcut Menu)" option in customized ribbon in Creo 3.0

sshah-8
1-Newbie

How to add "Edit value(Shortcut Menu)" option in customized ribbon in Creo 3.0

I am frequently using 'Edit value' Option. To do this I have to use right click plenty of time.

Please suggest alternative way to save time and also not to use options by right click.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:sshah-8)

I use a mapkey:

Add these lines to your config.pro

mapkey ev @MAPKEY_LABELEdit value of a note or a dimension (ev);\

~ Command `ProCmdDwgEditValue`;

Then you simply type in two letters "ev", and select a note or a table cell, or vice-versa.

If you don't want to mess around with mapkeys and want to use the ribbon, then adding the "Value" command (mentioned elsewhere in this thread) will work (I did not know that one!), but I suggest that using the ribbon is actually slower than right-clicking.

But there is a fast way of using the ribbon: add the "Value" command to the quick access toolbar.  Then the first 9 commands on this toolbar are accessible by hotkeys ALT+1, ALT+2, etc...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Sumit,

Please add the Value option, to the ribbon.  This will allow you to edit the value.

Thanks,

Amit

customize_ribbon.jpg

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:sshah-8)

I use a mapkey:

Add these lines to your config.pro

mapkey ev @MAPKEY_LABELEdit value of a note or a dimension (ev);\

~ Command `ProCmdDwgEditValue`;

Then you simply type in two letters "ev", and select a note or a table cell, or vice-versa.

If you don't want to mess around with mapkeys and want to use the ribbon, then adding the "Value" command (mentioned elsewhere in this thread) will work (I did not know that one!), but I suggest that using the ribbon is actually slower than right-clicking.

But there is a fast way of using the ribbon: add the "Value" command to the quick access toolbar.  Then the first 9 commands on this toolbar are accessible by hotkeys ALT+1, ALT+2, etc...

Top Tags