cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to convert .prt files to .stp?

CyrilGravelle
1-Newbie

How to convert .prt files to .stp?

Hi everybody

I'm a french student and I use Pro Engineer Wildfire 4.0 with a student license for a CAD project.

I would like to save my .prt files in step 3D, but i can't choose this file extension when I save my project ...

Does anyone have a solution ? Is there an extension available to perform that ?

I browsed the internet but found nothing.

Thanks for your help

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Interface for STEP option was missing in some old Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire Student and School Editions.

This option, and corresponding command, should be now available in recent Creo Parametric editions.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Select: File, Save a Copy

Then select which type/format you want to save the file in (STEP, IGES, and much more).

That should do it.

Hello timothy, thanks for your answer

When I click on "save a copy", there are many extensions available but not .stp

I made a screenshot so that you can see what I mean :

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=309347proe.jpg

The reason might be the student edition ?

Again, thanks for your help

Strange. I have seen in the "Schools Edition" that STEP is available. However, the "Schools Edition" may be different from the "Student Version". I own the comercial version and do not claim to fully understand the difference for the Schools, Student, Student for Personal Use versions.

Hopefully someone can jump in an help. Can you use IGES or one of the other options (parasolids) in the meantime?

Cheers,

Tim

Hi tim !

Yes I can use IGES for the moment, but there are some problems when using iges part, it's for use whith DDS Catia v5r19

I will try to reinstall pro engineer, maybe it will solve the problem ?

Thanks for your answer !

Cheers

Cyril

Cyril,

Not to rain on the parade, but I doubt a reinstallation is going to affect things. Most likely your license file does not include a STEP converter, though I always thought it was a standard option. Contact license management and see if they can help.

Thanks Peter for your answer

You're right, the reinstallation didn't solve the problem

I will contact the licence management.

Bye

edit : I found my answer, i can't export in step format because i have a school license 😕

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/textoimgothumb.jsp?&im_dbkey=36262&icg_dbkey=841

Pro E Schools Edition doesn't allow to export in step 3d

The Interface for STEP option was missing in some old Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire Student and School Editions.

This option, and corresponding command, should be now available in recent Creo Parametric editions.

Top Tags