cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Insert Mode grayed out in Assembly mode

ptc-115314
1-Newbie

Insert Mode grayed out in Assembly mode

Anyone have any idea why "Insert Mode" would be grayed out in Assembly Mode?

Edit>Component Operations>Insert Mode<------------------------It's grayed out!!!!

This happens when there is a component highlighted and when nothing is hightlighted....it's always grayed out.....

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

To answer some of the question I've recieved......I'm working (STILL) in WF 2, build M240

Carrie I.- Are you sure your assembly is active?

The assembly is active...It's the only file open.

Jim T. - do you have a component "active" – like when you are editing it in the assembly?

No, there is no component "Active".....This was the first thing I checked.

Ok, I found the problem.

What I did was opened a Windows Explorer and selected the folder and change the folder and all the files in it to not be read-only. Of course I had to erase everything out of session and open the file again.

I'm not sure which file it was, but evidently one of the files was read-only according to "Windows" which obviously effects Pro/E.

Top Tags