cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Insert a group into an assembly

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Insert a group into an assembly

At times we have a foot that is added to an assembly. The foot can have multiple configurations of extensions - leveler A, leveler B, caster A, caster B, .....  Also there are multiple sizes of feet.....

When updating or creating a new generic, is there a way to insert (assemble) a group into an assembly without it becoming a subassembly (would like them to stay individual parts that can be turned on/off in instances). If there are 10 parts with 9 of the parts constrained to the first part, I would like to insert the 10 parts at once constraining the first part to the assembly.

Thanks,

Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The workflow I use to duplicate groups of components from one assembly to another is

1) activate the source assembly and select the components and/or groups of components

2) copy 

pausob_2-1648242040983.png

3) activate the target assembly and paste-special

pausob_3-1648242273837.png

4) check this box 

pausob_1-1648241990853.png

5) OK, select the new references; you should not be required to re-specify the constraints between components in the copied group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The workflow I use to duplicate groups of components from one assembly to another is

1) activate the source assembly and select the components and/or groups of components

2) copy 

pausob_2-1648242040983.png

3) activate the target assembly and paste-special

pausob_3-1648242273837.png

4) check this box 

pausob_1-1648241990853.png

5) OK, select the new references; you should not be required to re-specify the constraints between components in the copied group

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:pausob)

After making the parts that I wanted to copy into an assembly, I was able to set the constraints to better suit they insertion in the new assembly. Thanks for showing me how to do this. It will save me a lot of time.

Top Tags