cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Is it possible to do a text search on a drawing

rproux
1-Newbie

Is it possible to do a text search on a drawing

Hello. My name is Raphael. I'm new to the forum. I work as an electrical designer for Manitou Group in France.

Question: Is it possible to do a text search on a drawing (like CTRL F with Windows)?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:rproux)

Hi Raphaël,

welcome back from hollydays

in the attachment you find the macro.

Save it in a location on your disk.

For exemple c:\temp\search_text.m

I will describe a methode that works in all user interfaces

In Drafting you put in the commandline:

INPUT  'c:\temp\search_text.m'    then push ENTER

Load your drawing

Se_txt then push ENTER. That starts the macro

You will be asked to enter the searchstring

Following your example drawing enter

'b82  then push ENTER

The macro searches in the darwing for b82 in the manner of *b82* with ignoring upper or lower cases and will point to the position of the found text(s) with LEADER_LINES.

An other macrocall

Del_lead then push ENTER cleans up the LEADER_LINES.if you don't need them any more.

If you find out problems let me know.

Best regards

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
llokesh
1-Newbie

What i do, I take a PDF of the drawing (with Stroke all font options- this will let me search the text) and i search via PDF

pdf.JPG

i hope i answered your Question

rproux
1-Newbie
(To:llokesh)

Thank you for your response lokesh lokesh, but i don't find "PDF Export Settings" ?

For information, i work with the release 18.1.

2016_07_06_11_28_49_Imprimer.png

This screen shot is from Creo Parametric.  The question is being asked about Creo Elements/Direct

No, it si a screen shot from Creo Element/Direct (formerly CoCreate) !

See below my release :

2016_07_06_14_00_14_Drafting.jpg

I am referring to lokesh's screen shot.

ok, sorry ...

Sorry for my oversight.

Another option to try:

File- config-

intf2d_out_stroke_text   = all

and try to export PDF

rproux
1-Newbie
(To:llokesh)

I do not know how to do this manipulation ...

GaryLinscheid
15-Moonstone

lokesh is still referring to Creo Parametric options.  As far as I know this isn't an available feature for Creo Elements/Direct 18.1.

1.jpg

lfortner
11-Garnet

I think not yet. For quite a long time an enhancement request has been placed in https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Searchable-Viewables-PDF/idi-p/468752

ndodelova
4-Participant

Hello, our company have developed some searching tools for MI drawings (the drawing format of Creo Elements/Direct Drafting (ME10)).  Some of them are free-ware for all users. If you specify more in detail, for which type of searching you are interested, I can check, if we have such a tool (e.g. to search in drawing frame only, to search for texts with special font settings, to search in a dedicated part only etc). Regards

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

Hello Raphaël,

only for confirmation, you ask for "Creo Element/Direct Drafting" ?

If this is so there is a solution whith a Macro in Me10 Macro language.

But I want to be sure before I write some code

Best regards

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Thank you very much for all responses. I was on holidays, I'm back.

FriedhelmK‌‌,

I confirm you I use "Creo Element/Direct Drafting" .

It would be great if you could make a macro. However I know nothing about programming or how to run a macro on Drafting

For information, I join a drawing for exemple. Sometimes I need to find a wire from its number (there is about 400 wires on electric diagram) or a connector's number ... or other ...

Best regards

MaxR.Kublin
12-Amethyst

A search by "CTRL-F" is not possible.

As Friedhelm mentioned, a search via ME10 command language (Macro) is possible.

Also, a search for a text in a PDF generated by ME10 and/or Annotation is *not* possible, since the CAD application is "plotting"

text - and there is currently no setting to change this.

jkramer
9-Granite

I made a (rough) lisp for that.

It scans all texts on an Annotation drawing and shows them in the display window.

See:

get_text_from_drawing.lsp

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

Hi Raphaël,

welcome back from hollydays

in the attachment you find the macro.

Save it in a location on your disk.

For exemple c:\temp\search_text.m

I will describe a methode that works in all user interfaces

INPUT  'c:\temp\search_text.m'    then push ENTER

Load your drawing

Se_txt then push ENTER. That starts the macro

You will be asked to enter the searchstring

Following your example drawing enter

'b82  then push ENTER

The macro searches in the darwing for b82 in the manner of *b82* with ignoring upper or lower cases and will point to the position of the found text(s) with LEADER_LINES.

An other macrocall

Del_lead then push ENTER cleans up the LEADER_LINES.if you don't need them any more.

If you find out problems let me know.

Best regards

Friedhelm

Hi Friedhelm,

Thank you very much for you macro : it's perfect

It's exactly what I need.

Thank you for giving me time to realize this macro.

Best regards.

Raphaël

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

It was a pleasure,

Nice that you like it.

Till the next time Jusqu'à la prochaine fois

Best regards, bat

Friedhelm

Top Tags