cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Layer tree cleanup

GV_SVT
9-Granite

Layer tree cleanup

I am learning more about how to use layers in Creo Parametric. One issue I have is the Layer Tree becoming unwieldy. Currently, I have an assembly model with a really long layer tree with a large amount of layers that have no contents. I'd like to delete these layers to shorten the tree and make it easier to read/use. I haven't found a way to automate this process. I was hoping that there would be a filter to show all the empty layers or a "find" function to select only empty layers for deleting.

Does anyone else have this issue? What are some workarounds or methods that might ease the approach to cleaning up the layer tree?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:GV_SVT)

Assemblies show all the layers of all the parts. You can change the display to show only the assembly layers.

StephenW_0-1720781646669.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ByDesign
9-Granite

How are you getting all these layers created?  Can it be as simple as turning off the source of creation so empty layers are not created in the first place?

One thing that might help in the future is commonizing layer names (make some naming standards).  Also, having layers automatically created for certain types of features (done in the config.pro).

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I would guess that your long assembly layer tree stems from not having standard layers defined for parts and assemblies.  Every unique layer name in all of the sub assemblies and parts will show up in the top level assembly tree.

We use a standard set of 13 layers, with rules, in all of our parts and deviation is frowned upon.  These are in our start parts and assemblies.

kdirth_0-1720730344842.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Assemblies show all the layers of all the parts. You can change the display to show only the assembly layers.

StephenW_0-1720781646669.png

Catalina

Hi @GV_SVT,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina

Community Moderator

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Top Tags