cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Merge/Inheritance Feature - Manual Update - Yellow Triangle - Why?

wbottis
12-Amethyst

Merge/Inheritance Feature - Manual Update - Yellow Triangle - Why?

CREO 5

I have a part with a merge/inheritance feature as the first feature, which references a different part, but this feature is set to 'Manual Update'.  Why then is there a yellow triangle in my model tree indicating that the referenced part is not in session?  Manual Update should imply that the link is broken, right?  Hence, the option to select 'Automatic Update', which would continuously search for the referenced part?  If I select 'No Dependency' will the link be broken with the referenced part for good, or can it be re-established?

8 REPLIES 8

Hi, 

The reference not in session indicator is appearing because the model that your merge/inheritance feature is referencing is not in session. You will need to retrieve model in order to update the merge/inheritance feature. 

You can turn off the reference not in session notification with the following config option:

nmgr_reference_out_of_session no

PTC Documentation

Tdaugherty_0-1595604298140.png

The No Dependency option is irreversible. It can't be reestablished.

Ty

wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:Tdaugherty)

The model that the merge/inheritance feature is referencing is set to 'manual update'.  Why is it actively looking for the referenced model then?  Wouldn't that constitute 'automatic update'?

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:wbottis)

CREO is most likely keeping tabs on the base model to inform you when it has changed.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:kdirth)

It seems that the base model is constantly looking for the referenced model regardless of whether the referenced model has changed or not.  This defeats the purpose of manual update.  I think this is also causing an issue at the next higher assembly because I cannot check the assembly into the server.  The Event Manager is not telling me why the next assembly won't check in.  Our administrator said this is a known issue about the Event Manager.  When that issue will be resolved is a different story.  Until then, I'm hoping my hard drive doesn't crash.  PTC needs to step up their game.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

So to check in your work, change the update back to automatic to get past today's problem. Tomorrow's problem will still be there but it will hopefully be simply changing the update control.

wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:StephenW)

I have changed to automatic update and attempted checkin, but checkin failed. It states on the lower-left corner of the screen that the model being referenced, 'Line 1 part # xyz invalid left side of assignment'.  Lower-right looks like below, in a non-regenerated state.

wbottis_0-1596398196797.png

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I believe thats a relations problem. Look in part #xyz at the relations. 

wbottis
12-Amethyst
(To:StephenW)

Stephen, I think you are correct about the relations problem.  I will need to investigate the relations within each part reporting to this assembly.

Top Tags