cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

NAS1351 & NAS1352

wfalco
15-Moonstone

NAS1351 & NAS1352

Greetings,

Anyone willing to share NAS1351 & NAS1352 (Creo 4.0 or below) FAMILY table files?

For a good cause. The warfighter.

Thanks,

Wayne 

11 REPLIES 11
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:wfalco)

THOUGHT I recognized those specs, I was working on the Dream Chaser at my last job.

Because these are MS numbers, the only difference is in material certification etc.  They conform to the same spec as all other hex socket cap screws (ASME B18.3-2012), which controls all aspects of geometry.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:Patriot_1776)

Yes. MS models would be ok. But I would have to rename.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Renaming the instances would be trivial compared to the effort to build the family table generic and the relations.

I have a B18.3 family table using our internal part numbers and referenced from Fastenal numbers, but it is on our classified system and I can not export the file to upload.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

Ben,

I agree.

So you can't share correct? Understood.

Wayne

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

It cannot be shared.

I have the same problem even internally. As we start doing more contract work on our unclassified systems, I am having to rebuild the 25+ family tables of hardware from scratch. If I have to develop a new hardware item, and its family table, I will probably do it on the unclassified system and then move it to the classified side and into Windchill. 

I am dealing with 3 Windchill systems, 2 unclassified and 1 classified as well as Creo being served from 3 license servers. I am surprised I can keep it straight some days!

wfalco
15-Moonstone

I hear ya.

We have  severe lack of library issue. They claim there is no funding to do libraries. You and I know how critical that is. Management? Not so much.

But thanks for making me feel a little bit better about the struggle.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

We paid for ours a long time ago from a company that is no longer in business. IHS offers MIL spec models for purchase now:

https://ihsmarkit.com/products/3d-cad-industry-standards.html

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:Chris3)

I must look into this! Thanks Chris!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Chris3)

There is also the IFX library that can be integrated into Creo. With the advanced licensed version, you can rename the components to your company standards. Not sure if IFX parts are individual or family tables. There is a free version in Creo 3 and higher, but restricted to their names, etc.

Also, Cadenas has a part library offering that we used before I came here. We stopped using it because it created individual part files and I firmly believe that hardware should be in family tables for ease in replacement.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Wayne,

send me an email looslib<at>centrusenergy.com

I found a family table of socket head cap screws on my unclassified system that I had from a prior employer.

Ben

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Nice! Will do. Thanks!

Top Tags