cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Question about 1 Outdated Mass Properties Notification

tofutyler
4-Participant

Question about 1 Outdated Mass Properties Notification

I am using Creo Parametric 7.0.4.0

We just finished an upgrade from Windchill 10.2 to Windchill 12.0.2.0 on Monday and upgraded from Creo 2.0 to Creo 7.0.4.0 in the process. One of our drafters is getting a notification message when she makes parts that there is 1 Outdated Mass Properties, I am not sure if others are receiving the same error as they have not brought it to my attention. What does this notification mean or affect on the parts that they create? Is it a severe issue that needs to be remedied by going to Creo 7.0.5.0? I don't personally use Creo or Windchill, I'm just the IT sysadmin who the upgrade project got handed off to, so I have no experience in what the errors in this program mean. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the errors that I faced
1 Outdated Mass Properties

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:tofutyler)

Is it on new parts or on an existing part opened in Creo 7 for the first time?

It usually means that the model has been changed, but not regenerated.

Mass properties are not recalculated until the model is regenerated.

tofutyler
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

According to the drafter who initially messaged about the issue, it is happening with new parts being made in Creo 7. She hasn't said anything about it happening to existing parts being brought into Creo 7 from Creo 2 yet... Is it giving that message because the model is new and has never been regenerated then? Is that not supposed to be a notification you get with newly created parts? It sounds like it's more of an annoyance thing with the drafter than anything based on your description, I was more worried it would affect the parts our drafters create in Creo. If all they have to do is regenerate the model once after building the part and the notification goes away, I will instruct them to do so. I really appreciate you replying to my post, it has been an interesting time trying to learn some of the Windchill/Creo administration these last couple weeks with our upgrade!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:tofutyler)

Did the regen solve her issues with the parts?

There is a config.pro setting that controls mass property updates and it may be set to manual.

I would need to look further into the exact setting, but it can be set for automatic.

Found it:

MASS_PROPERTY_CALCULATE
     BY_REQUEST
     AUTOMATIC
     REPORT_OUTDATENESS_ONLY
     CHECK_UPON_SAVE

Hi @tofutyler,

The notification Outdated Mass Properties just tells either the geometry has changed after last mass properties calculation, or the mass properties has not been calculated at all.

This notification only appears if the config.pro option mass_property_calculate to automatic is set. Once the model has been regenerated, the mass properties will be calculated and updated; next, the notification will disappear.

To disable the Notification on Outdated mass properties, follow the below steps in Creo Parametric:

• Go to File > Options > Notification Center > set Do not show for Outdated mass properties to get rid of this notification or add config.pro option nmgr_outdated_mp to do_not_show to disable it permanently.

Let me know if this doesnt help.

Regards,

Deepak

Top Tags