cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Repeat Region Sort

MYR_Industries
7-Bedrock

Repeat Region Sort

Any help to get my BOM to sort as expected would be appreciated.  I have the following 

&asm.mbr.purchased Backward
&asm.mbr.fabricated Backward
&asm.mbr.part_number Forward

but the part numbers are not going in order.

CREO 7.0.6.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So I think you found my issue.  I recently changed my start part to have the Purchased and Fabricated parameters as restricted.  In doing so it is putting a "space" in the parameter if I don't select anything.  To test this, I put a space in an older part and it moved up in the BOM to where it should be.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Has fix index been applied to some of the BOM items.  Try Repeat Region / Fix Index / select table / Unfix / Region / Confirm / Done.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Fix Index has not been applied.

Hi,

I think your problem is data dependent. Please create test assembly + test drawing to present the problem and upload all test files. This will enable me to investigate your problem.

Martin Hanák

My next best guess:

I had been thinking there may be an issue with the Fabricated column because the sort is in sets of part number order.  This morning I remembered something that is slightly annoying to me.  When using Edit / Attributes in the windchill workspace, you cannot delete all text from a string parameter.  You are forced to replace the text with a space to make it blank.  The only way to remove all characters is to use the parameters editor in creo.

I believe that your fabricated column contains space characters in some, X in some, and nothing in the rest.  And creo is sorting based on those three values - "blank", "space" then X.

I also introduced this into a modified BOM and added a space in a part parameter which changed the sorted location of the part.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

So I think you found my issue.  I recently changed my start part to have the Purchased and Fabricated parameters as restricted.  In doing so it is putting a "space" in the parameter if I don't select anything.  To test this, I put a space in an older part and it moved up in the BOM to where it should be.

Top Tags