cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Restricted value parameters with access=full

Grace2K
4-Participant

Restricted value parameters with access=full

Hello

I have this restricted value parameter definition set in Creo 8.

{ Name = TOLLERANZA_GENERALE
Type = string
default = 'ISO 2768-mK'
Enum = {
'ISO 2768-mK',
'ISO 2768-fH',
'ISO 2768-cL'
}
Access = full
},

I thought that with the option "access=full" you could change the entered value as you wish in Creo with the possibility of choosing a value not included in the list, entering it from the keyboard.
But it seems that this is not the case. The only possible values ​​are those of the list.
So what is the meaning of "access=full"?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace2K
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

@BenLoosli thanks for the advice.

Now I understood that the list of values ​​is untouchable when it is defined in the restricted parameters file but it cannot be changed even through the parameter properties page in Creo: all the options are greyed out. See image below.

Grace2K_0-1722957640573.png

While it seems the "access=full" or "access=locked" option affects only the erasability of the parameter itself.

If it's full you can delete it, if it's locked you cannot.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Grace2K)

You should be able to add an additional values to the list and then choose that for your parameter value.

You cannot manually enter a value directly in the parameter field.

Article - CS320648 - Is it possible to enter the value other than one listed in restricted parameter list in Creo Parametric? (ptc.com)

Grace2K
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

@BenLoosli thanks for the advice.

Now I understood that the list of values ​​is untouchable when it is defined in the restricted parameters file but it cannot be changed even through the parameter properties page in Creo: all the options are greyed out. See image below.

Grace2K_0-1722957640573.png

While it seems the "access=full" or "access=locked" option affects only the erasability of the parameter itself.

If it's full you can delete it, if it's locked you cannot.

Hi @Grace2K,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags