cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Scale when importing a DXF

Jürgen
2-Guest

Scale when importing a DXF

Hi,

ia am using Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express 4.

I want to create a 3D Body out of an imported DXF drawing.

I have drawn the DXF in scale 25.40 but before exporting to DXF I changed to 1:1.
If I measure DXF in my 2D CAD I get 84mm.

But when i import it the scale is wrong. I get 2133,6mm instead of 84mm (a factor of 25.4).

The 3D Body has correct length (84mm) after editing scale to 25.4.

In Annotation the length is wrong with 2133,6mm!

When I enter this factor to the units under system settings, i can measure the correct values.

But when i do a STL export then I get a body without this factor.

Is it possible to enter a "hard" factor while importing a DXF, that the base data is correct

and the system does not referr to the wrong imperial dxf data.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Have a look in the file

C:\Path to aplication\dxfdwg\DXFDWG.con

and switch the

CustomUnits OFF

to

CustomUnits ON

and try again.

Further info in the readme.htm at the same folder

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Kaynen
1-Newbie
(To:Jürgen)

Hi, I also have this question.

Hello

Have a look in the file

C:\Path to aplication\dxfdwg\DXFDWG.con

and switch the

CustomUnits OFF

to

CustomUnits ON

and try again.

Further info in the readme.htm at the same folder

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Hello!

In my case this hint worked!

If I import my DXF now, i get correct values

Thx a million!

Greetings

Jürgen

Hello! Friedhelm

Thanks your answer!

the .con file is parametric config file. open it we see some control parametric.

kaynen

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot
(To:Kaynen)

Hello kaynen,

DXFDWG.con is a simple textfile.

Which text editor you used?
Try with a simple like Notepad.

I'm having a dxf scaling issue too. I think it's similar to this. I import a dxf drawn in all English units. When i import it into Creo Direct Elements 18.1 it interprets all my English inch values as mm. For example, the dxf has a value of 1 in but when i import it, CREO reads it as 1 mm. I think this will fix it. Can I access the dxfdwg.con any other way in the GUI??? I found the file but I don't have access to it. It's under network lock and is read only. If i can find the command in the application through File/Settings tab I could set it there before import.

Hi Mike,

>I found the file but I don't have access to it. It's under network lock and is read only.

Talk to your system operator about your problem.

Maybe together you can find a solution.

Hello,

I have some query related to DXF scale factor as below:

When we create drawing from part, there will be scale factor in drawing file based on template selected.

Can anyone please help me with how to get this scale factor information in DXF file exported for pro-E drawing.

Thanks,

Ketan

You should have right to access DXFDWG.con file and change value CustomUnits OFF to CustomUnits ON. GUI does not exist for edit these parameters in standard

I had some success setting the configuration option "dxf_out_drawing_scale" to yes.

This tag does not exist in DXFDWG.con. We talk about Creo Element Direct

Top Tags