cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Table Snap Locations, Can you easily change them

MORECREO
11-Garnet

Table Snap Locations, Can you easily change them

Currently, I see no way to have a "snap location' on the top right corner of my drawing that I can "snap" my BOM to every time I add one?

I want to be able to input "table from file", hit my mapkey (which has the appropriate xy coordinates), then it places it into the correct location. However I need the table to be placed using the top right corner but all my tables all get placed from the top left corner and there seems to be no way to change that?

My best method so far is to place my table, select it, hit my mapkey "F5", then click on my desired corner of the table, then my mapkey places it onto the correct xy coordinates that were included with my mapkey.

Not a huge workaround, but you should be able to change where a table gets placed from right?

If there's a better method that I'm not finding please share.

Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:MORECREO)

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Michael
12-Amethyst

To achieve the precise placement of a Bill of Materials (BOM) table in a Creo drawing using a specific corner as the reference, you can utilize the `ProUITableAnchorSet()` function. This function allows you to set the position of the table with respect to a given anchor location. It is important to note that this function is applicable only if the parent of the table is a drawing area.

Here's a brief guide on how to use it:

1. **Identify the Anchor Point:** Determine the exact coordinates of the top-right corner where you want to place the BOM. This will be your anchor point.

2. **Use `ProUITableAnchorSet()`:** Implement this function in your scripting or mapkey to set the anchor point for the table placement. This will align the table based on the specified anchor location.

3. **Adjust Table Size:** If necessary, use `ProUITableSizeSet()` to set or adjust the size of the table. This is useful if you have a standard size for your BOM tables.

4. **Implement in Mapkey:** Incorporate these functions into your mapkey to automate the process. When you input "table from file" and execute the mapkey, it should place the BOM at the correct location using the top right corner as the anchor.

This method should provide a more streamlined approach compared to manually moving the table after placement. 

Michael P Bourque
Boston Regional User Group

This sounds like what I'm after. I'll give it a try. Thank You

kdirth
20-Turquoise

When you make your original table, you need to specify the direction to set the origin location.  To use the top right corner, select the second option, leftward and descending.

kdirth_0-1699979084187.png

MORECREO
11-Garnet
(To:kdirth)

I'm using Creo 7 and have tried this method already with no luck. It did not change what corner it defaults to even though, to me, that makes sense.

I'll try it again.

Thanks

kdirth
20-Turquoise

MORECREO
11-Garnet
(To:kdirth)

Thank you. I was creating my tables a different way. This worked great!

Top Tags