cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Top Down design functionality in Creo Design Essentials vs. Essentials Plus

rfaulk
7-Bedrock

Top Down design functionality in Creo Design Essentials vs. Essentials Plus

I am using Creo Parametric 7.0 7.0.4.0

What is the difference in assembly functionality between Creo Design Essentials and Creo Design Essentials Plus? I can see that Creo Design Essentials has ASSY_PERFORMANCE module compared to Creo Design Essentials Plus has ASSEMBLY module. Existing PTC Article CS58879 has a great list of Top Down Design functionality but it is not clear which functions are available with the new Creo Design Essentials licenses.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:rfaulk)

Well, you do need AAX to enable critical top-down design techniques, as shown in CS28079 "Merge/Inheritance, Publish Geometry, Copy Geometry and Shrinkwrap options are grayed out in Creo Parametric" or CS29037 "Unable to create skeleton model or edit definition of skeleton model features in Creo Parametric".

Actually, I found a list in a PTC sales presentation. "Creo Parametric" is a proxy for what you get in Creo Design Essentials:

DJNewman_0-1636035075885.png

Edit: I'd recommend you reach out to your PTC sales rep regardless.

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

DJNewman
17-Peridot

Well, we don't have a package called Creo Design Essentials Plus, but it goes from Creo Design Essentials to Creo Design Advanced.

Creo Design Advanced has the Advanced Assembly Extension as part of the package. There's some top-down design things you can do without AAX, but you definitely want AAX.

I attached our datasheet for AAX which tells you more about what you can do with it.

We also have a detailled info session available here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnROwfqTWkg

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
rfaulk
7-Bedrock
(To:DJNewman)

My mistake! You are correct, the package name I meant to compare to is Creo Design Advanced.  

The reason for this is to provide my users with a list of functionality differences between Creo Design Essentials and Creo Design Advanced.  PTC Article CS298294 lists the module differences, but functionality difference between ASSEMBLY vs. ASSY_PERFORMANCE is not clear.

Do you have a list of the "top-down design things you can do without AAX"?  That sounds like what we're looking for.

Thanks!

DJNewman
17-Peridot

Well, you do need AAX to enable critical top-down design techniques, as shown in CS28079 "Merge/Inheritance, Publish Geometry, Copy Geometry and Shrinkwrap options are grayed out in Creo Parametric" or CS29037 "Unable to create skeleton model or edit definition of skeleton model features in Creo Parametric".

Actually, I found a list in a PTC sales presentation. "Creo Parametric" is a proxy for what you get in Creo Design Essentials:

DJNewman_0-1636035075885.png

Edit: I'd recommend you reach out to your PTC sales rep regardless.

rfaulk
7-Bedrock
(To:DJNewman)

This is close to what I'm looking for, however it doesn't mention some obvious things like Pro/PROGRAM, Interchange Assemblies, Shrinkwrap... are there any others?

Thanks again!

rfaulk
7-Bedrock

I've opened a ticket with PTC Support.  I asked to augment PTC Article CS58879 with an additional column to show functionality of a Creo package, such as Creo Design Essentials, without the Pro/ASSEMBLY module, or with the ASSY_PERFORMANCE module.  It remains to be seen what PTC Support decides to do.

rfaulk
7-Bedrock

Update!  PTC Support has finally updated and combined the information from Article 378298 into Article 58879.  

The following link from the doc doesn't work, need to fix it: https://www.ptc.com/product/creo/advanced-assembly-extension 

Pic-1.png

Pic-2.png

I opened a ticket to have that broken link redirect to a page on the site that does exist...! Should be fixed in no time. Thanks!

@rfaulk wrote:
I am using Creo Parametric 7.0 7.0.4.0

What is the difference in assembly functionality between Creo Design Essentials and Creo Design Essentials Plus? I can see that Creo Design Essentials has ASSY_PERFORMANCE module compared to Creo Design Essentials Plus has ASSEMBLY module. Existing PTC Article CS58879 has a great list of Top Down Design functionality but it is not clear which functions are available with the new Creo Design Essentials licenses.

Hi,

my suggestion >>> ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Top Tags