cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Witness line display

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Witness line display

Hi all,

is there a way to create a dimension show in the attached sketch. I want to remove the horizontal witness line between the 2 vertical witness lines.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

John

If you double click the dimension the dimension properties window opens, on the second tabpage in the right undercorner you find the whitnessline display.

I never needed it but I think you can solve your problem that way.

Regards

Chris

Hi

I just tried it and I think it can't be done.

If there was a third option in the left site for: display/configuration/linear or center leader. I might be possible.

You should try to find out how to write a new line in your configuration.

Sorry I can not help you there, maybe someone else.

Regards

Chris

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:chris5)

Well thank you for trying Christiaan.

Regards

John

You can flip the arrows using RMB-Flip arrows to remove the in between witness line.

Hi

What version do you use? I've tried it in WF5 and it does not work.

Or is there something more?

Regards

Chris

Check your drawing option setting for text_orientation. If it's set to anything other than horizontal you will get that line. I'm not sure any of the other options have an affect on it.

chris5
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

Hi Kevin,

With me it is set to: "parallel", and I do not have that option to delete that line.

I do not want to change that or my dimensions want be parallel to diametrical dimensions.

Is there another way?

Regards

Chris

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:chris5)

There is but it's going to be more trouble than it's worth especially if you have a lot of dimensions you need to do this to. Set the text_orientation value to horizontal. You can add a draft dimension and override the value so it's blank. Create a note with the model dimension (&d2 for example) and orient it so it is parallel to the dimension line. You can also do this with draft dimensions.

My guess as to why the options work the way they do is based on the drafting standards.

chris5
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

Hi Kevin,

For me this answer is solved. I hope it is for John too.

Thanks I did it that way when needed. Lucky me that does not happen much.

Regards

Chris

Top Tags