cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

how to avoid planes to show-up when I rotate a view in drawing (every single time)

baorozzo
5-Regular Member

how to avoid planes to show-up when I rotate a view in drawing (every single time)

as far as I know it's a problem that exist at least since PRO-E WILDFIRE 3.

still present in CREO 9.

every time that I edit a view on the drawing, to rotate that view (i.e. a 3D view of the assembly or part), the planes show-up and I have to manually remove the visibility of these planes.

it's happening every single time.

if I toggle the visibility off then close the editing view (Drawing View) then I'll redo it again, the problem came back again; rotating the view toggle the visibility of the planes back again and I have to remove manually.

the problem is limited to when you use the "View Orientation > Angles" part to orientate the view.

if you rotate the view with the other orientation method the problem will not appear.

before asking there I tried to read articles, search on-line etc. and I can't understand if it's the cad not properly set-up or it's something that has been designed that way.

maybe it's me that wasn't able to find the right search keywords?

I tried also searching for options inside the cad that maybe solved the problem, but so far it has been unsuccessful.

I also tried to search the option list on the manual (so you cant' tell me to RTFM; maybe RTFM better, but please tell me also where to search LOL).

it's tedious, after all of these years, to have the same little problem presenting again and again multiple times a day.

it's like a little drop of water that on the long run, became unbearable.

thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

my suggestion ... define named view in Part/Assembly mode and use it in Drawing mode to orient a view.

Martin Hanák
baorozzo
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

thanks for your reply...

usually I start there too as you suggested.

I make the 3d view on the part/assembly, save it with a name then place that view in drawing mode.

but sometimes/often I still have to move around a little, to show better some details etc.

and it's not practical to keep on going back and forth from the 3d to the drawing just to move the view until it's ok.

usually we use the 3d view to baloon the details so it's common to move the view from the drawing, where you can see clearly if everything is detailed the best way possible.

I need a solution that solve the problem from the root...

@baorozzo wrote:

thanks for your reply...

usually I start there too as you suggested.

I make the 3d view on the part/assembly, save it with a name then place that view in drawing mode.

but sometimes/often I still have to move around a little, to show better some details etc.

and it's not practical to keep on going back and forth from the 3d to the drawing just to move the view until it's ok.

usually we use the 3d view to baloon the details so it's common to move the view from the drawing, where you can see clearly if everything is detailed the best way possible.

I need a solution that solve the problem from the root...

Hi,

please contact PTC Support ... hopefully you will get some useful information.

Martin Hanák
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:baorozzo)

Can't say I have ever noticed that before.  However, after giving it a try, I see that planes will turn on when using angles to reorient a view.  Plane view does turn off when you are done.  I have not been able to find a config that will control that behavior. 

I keep all planes, and other datums, on layers and hide the layers in the drawing so I never see the issue you are describing.  I normally keep display of all datums turned on and control their view by layers.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags