cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

pentable is not working

RP_10384451
6-Contributor

pentable is not working

Hi,

I am having issues working with the pentable when I set the pentable file and all 3 config options, but still, while printing and saving the pdf file, the geometry lines are not as per the pentable, and when I remove the pentable file, geometry lines changes but not as per requirement (that means without pentable file).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

your pentable works well. Please play uploaded video.

Your problem is in setting the thickness of the pens and also in the fact that you don't know which pen draws which color.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Hi,

please provide more details. Attach pentable, config options, PDF examples, Creo version information.

Martin Hanák

I have attached confgi.pro file and 2 pdf below and the pentable file I'm using 

pen 1 thickness .01 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0
pen 2 thickness .009 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0
pen 3 thickness .009 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0
pen 4 thickness .005 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0
pen 5 thickness .005 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0
pen 6 thickness .002 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0
pen 7 thickness .002 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0
pen 8 thickness .002 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

Try setting the config.pro option pdf_use_pentable to yes.  By default, it is set to no.

RP_10384451
6-Contributor
(To:rzukowski)

Hi,

I add following configs
pdf_use_pentable  to yes

pen_table_file to pentable.pnt file
use_8_plotter_pens to yes

Still I am facing the issue, I will add the file you asked for...

@RP_10384451 wrote:

Hi,

I add following configs
pdf_use_pentable  to yes

pen_table_file to pentable.pnt file
use_8_plotter_pens to yes

Still I am facing the issue, I will add the file you asked for...

Hi.

pdf_use_pentable yes
use_8_plotter_pens yes

• these 2 options are correct

pen_table_file C:\Users\Public\Documents\pen table\pentable.pnt

• this option can cause problems because the path contains space character
  • when working with Creo I always replace space character by underscore
  • example ... pen_table_file E:\users\creo7_parametric\pentable.pnt

Martin Hanák

Hi, Martin 

I add underscore as per your suggestion but still its not working.

But when I remove the pentable confi from config.pro file it start working (But not as per requirement). You can compare the pdf that I have attached, "Test2" pdf is with pentable file enable and "drwboss01" is without pentable..  

@RP_10384451 wrote:

Hi, Martin 

I add underscore as per your suggestion but still its not working.

But when I remove the pentable confi from config.pro file it start working (But not as per requirement). You can compare the pdf that I have attached, "Test2" pdf is with pentable file enable and "drwboss01" is without pentable..  

Hi,

please understand that information like "it still doesn't work for me" does not allow me to help you.

Please pack your Creo model+drawing into zip file and upload this zip file. This enable me to give you more information.

Martin Hanák

HI,

Attaching zip file below 

Please provide zip file. I cannot unpack rar file.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

your pentable works well. Please play uploaded video.

Your problem is in setting the thickness of the pens and also in the fact that you don't know which pen draws which color.

Martin Hanák

Hi, Martin

I know how to set the pentable configs, which pen is assigned for which line, how to set the thickness, and how to set the color with RGB code; I don't have an issue with setting the pentable.

I have issues with the system, I have already made the same settings that you showed in the video. But the system has some Windows problems; that's why the pen lines are not displaying even after applying all settings.

@RP_10384451 wrote:

Hi, Martin

I know how to set the pentable configs, which pen is assigned for which line, how to set the thickness, and how to set the color with RGB code; I don't have an issue with setting the pentable.

I have issues with the system, I have already made the same settings that you showed in the video. But the system has some Windows problems; that's why the pen lines are not displaying even after applying all settings.

Hi,

your pentable contains following lines

pen 1 thickness .01 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0
pen 2 thickness .009 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

.01 cm is almost equal to .009 cm

Please set following thickness values, generate PDF and upload it.

pen 1 thickness .05 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0
pen 2 thickness .025 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I tested on following pentable lines

pen 1 thickness .10 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0
pen 2 thickness  .090 cm; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

but after exporting to PDF, I was not able to see any changes.

I have attached 2 PDFs at the start of the discussion. In "drwboss01." pdf, I have not done any pentable setting, and you can see the pentable is working, and in "TEST2" pdf, I applied all configs and above mentioned pentable, but it is not displaying any line thickness...

Hi,

I give up. Your answers do not allow me to help you.

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RP_10384451)

Make a change to your new pentable that is big. So it will be obvious that your pen table is loading and working correctly. 

It's a simple verification that eliminates the potential of that being the problem.

These are the things @MartinHanak would do himself if he was sitting in front of your computer, that's why he's asking you to do it.

Top Tags