cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

unable to access files

LM_9972786
2-Guest

unable to access files

I am using Creo Parametric 8.0 8.0.1.0

I am unable to access files on another computer that we currently use as our storage/server It does not even show up as an option for access

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

The easiest way is to share the location on the hosting computer and then map the drive so you don't have to go thru the network folder sturcture, which can take a long time if there is a lot of computers on the network. I also don't get anything when I click on NETWORK but most of our computers don't have shares and the ones that do are all "hidden shares" so they don't just show up.

Just as an example, I have 4 mapped drives... (names blurred to protect the innocent!)

StephenWilliams_1-1634126010263.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:LM_9972786)

Do you have a network connection between the 2 computers?

Do you have a mapped drive or a unc path to the other computer?

The way your problem is worded, it sounds more like a network issue rather than a Creo issue.

Both computers are connected to the same router. We do not have a real network/server setup (this will be established in the future but it is not immediate). I am able to access the other computer and see all other computers on the network through explorer and go to the folders I need to access. When I select network in the folder structure in Creo it does not show any of the computers on the network.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

The easiest way is to share the location on the hosting computer and then map the drive so you don't have to go thru the network folder sturcture, which can take a long time if there is a lot of computers on the network. I also don't get anything when I click on NETWORK but most of our computers don't have shares and the ones that do are all "hidden shares" so they don't just show up.

Just as an example, I have 4 mapped drives... (names blurred to protect the innocent!)

StephenWilliams_1-1634126010263.png

Thanks, that worked, I have never actually mapped one before.

Top Tags