cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

whole working directory got corrupted.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

I tried to create a drawing pdf and it showed an error that the pdf cannot be created and then the drawing and its part got corrupt.

Creo gives a message cannot retrieve the file.

the computer I am using is in network.

Has anybody faced this issue before?

Operating system windows 7 professional sp1

Creo Parametric 2.0 M100

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Can you open an older iteration?  If you haven't purged your directory, you should have several iterations available.  On rare occasions I have seen this, usually when Creo crashes during a save operation.  I've always been able to open a previous iteration, however.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

unfortunately i did purge the directory

Ugh, that's a shame.  If you have maintenance, I'd send it to PTC.  They may be able to recover it.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

in my 8 years on proe this was my first time of a corrupt file.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rohit_rajan)

If you have maintenance, PTC can sometimes "fix" corrupted files.

You may also try copying the entire contents of the folder to a local directory (preferably on a different computer) and try again just to rule out network issues and issue on your local computer.

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

Hi Stephen,

no we do not have maintenance as of now, in any case we could not have submitted the file because of NDA with the client.

yes i did check it locally on another system and it could not be opened.

are you using a pdm like windchill or intralink?

If so, do you know where your cache files are?

No we are not using windchill or intralink

Top Tags