cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creo View Express 10 does not open

JAntunes
3-Visitor

Creo View Express 10 does not open

Hi! i've installed creo view express but i can't get it to work, i dont get any error message, it just does not open.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can also contact PTC Support if you are active Creo customer.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

do you have Windows operating system installed?

Look into Event Viewer. Maybe you will find error message.

Martin Hanák

I do get an error on event viewer, and theres a resolution on Article - CS302448, but it's for older versions, i've tried it anyways, but with no success.
I've tried in 4 different laptops, same thing on all of them.Screenshot 2023-06-19 142519.png

Hi,

how did you set PVIEW_LANG=en ?

Martin Hanák

On https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/view/r9.0/en/index.html#page/creo_view/install_config_guide/Starting_Creo_View_and_Modifying_an_Installation.html I found this ... try setting PRO_LANG=english, too,

Setting the Language
By default, the language of the Creo View user interface is determined according to your operating system’s settings. To set a different language for Creo View from the operating system language, use the environment variables described below.
The generic environment variable, LANG, sets one language for all programs on your machine. You can use PTC-specific variables to designate another language for one or more programs:
PVIEW_LANGCreo View
PRO_LANG—Creo Parametric and its associated applications. When you set this variable, you must also set PVIEW_LANG. This is true even if you want the same value for PRO_LANG and PVIEW_LANG.

Martin Hanák

You can also contact PTC Support if you are active Creo customer.

Martin Hanák

i found my mistake, i was adding the variable in the user variable instead of the system variables. 

Top Tags