cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Parameter dialog config file rp_config.xml does not seem to sort.

Michael_Martin
13-Aquamarine

Parameter dialog config file rp_config.xml does not seem to sort.

It appears after having set up the config file for the parameter dialog it does not sort the name column descending.  The XML does contain the lines:

<sortby>
      <column name="name" order="Descend"/>
</sortby>

The other settings function as expected.  Something missing?  Expectations too high?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I tested your xml file in CR3 M130 and realized that there is bug in Creo. See following "table":

<column name="name" order="Ascend"/>... without sorting
<column name="name" order="Descend"/> ... ascending sorting
<column name="name" order="None"/> ... descending sorting

This means if you want to sort parameters in descending order, you have to set following option in XML file:

<column name="name" order="None"/>

Please report the problem to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

1.) According to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS134639, you have to set config.pro option ‘parameter_dialog_setup_file’ and browse to ‘rp_config.xml’ as a value

2.) If I remember it well, Creo saves into ‘rp_config.xml’ only changes made to default dialog setting.

3.) I can test your problem, if you tell me what Creo version you use (for example Creo 3.0 M090).

Martin Hanák

I forgot to mention I am using Creo 3 M130.  Attached is the XML saved by Creo that I compared to other ones saved with visible differences in settings made.  Thank you for your time.

-Michael

Hi,

I tested your xml file in CR3 M130 and realized that there is bug in Creo. See following "table":

<column name="name" order="Ascend"/>... without sorting
<column name="name" order="Descend"/> ... ascending sorting
<column name="name" order="None"/> ... descending sorting

This means if you want to sort parameters in descending order, you have to set following option in XML file:

<column name="name" order="None"/>

Please report the problem to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

I appreciate you checking this out and concur with your results. I have tested it further in all modes and will report this to PTC. 

Mode Sort by Param Edit Rels Edit
PRT None descend none
ASM None descend ascend
DRW None descend ascend
PRT Ascend none none
ASM Ascend none ascend
DRW Ascend none none
PRT Descend ascend none
ASM Descend ascend ascend
DRW Descend ascend ascend

Relation editor in DRW mode was for an assembly. 

Your response will be marked as accepted.  Thank you for your efforts,

-Michael

Anyone know if this issue is already solved? (maybe link to case details?)

WOW I let this one fall by the wayside.  I have checked this behavior in both Creo 4 M070 and Creo 5.0.1.0 and it checks out the same as in the table I posted earlier.  I will open a case and report back when I get an SPR#.

I opened a case with PTC and they have responded:  "This issue has been reported to R&D as SPR 7845450, as this is not impacting business critically, SPR is submitted with medium severity."  . I feel badly for not reporting this earlier as I am sure the issue would have been resolved by now. I will look for this to be fixed in a later build or release of Creo.

In a message from PTC Tech Supt I was told this issue has been corrected in Creo 4 M090.  There was no mention of what maintenance build of 5 or 6 it is resolved in.  Case closed.

Top Tags