cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Assembly "Include" component

TomasLoun
4-Participant

Assembly "Include" component

Hello,

does anybody know how to assemble "Included" component by Pro/Toolkit? Is it possible?

Macro is not the right solution, because I need to work with the included component.

Regards,

Tom

IncludedComp.png

3 REPLIES 3

I'm not sure if or how this can be done.

You can try to create a test assembly with an included component and then export the element tree of the component to a XML file using the ProElemtreeWrite function.

This will give you the complete element tree of the included component and should be fairly easy to determine what options do you need to use.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:GabrielZaha)

Hi all, Gabriel had pointed the correct approach via XML tree investigation. The difference between 'inserted' and 'packaged' type components is in PRO_E_COMPONENT_CONSTR_TYPE which in case of the 'included' component is PRO_ASM_DEF_PLACEMENT with the fully defined PRO_E_ASM_CONSTRAINTS XML element and NULL for 'packaged' (no constraints at all) components (PRO_E_ASM_CONSTRAINTS element is empty). I don't know if XML read functionality to create element tree for the 'inserted' component would work but it definitely should be tried. HIH. Feliks.
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:FV)

acutally ProMacroLoad or ProMacroExecute would me much simplier way...

Top Tags