cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Auxiliary Application with ProE

JD_2779181
9-Granite

Auxiliary Application with ProE

Hi guys,

I have a DLL Application that is launched when Creo starts, when I go to auxiliary application menu, and I stop it, it stops. No problem until here. But when I try to start it now, it crashes Creo.

I have no idea why, nothing in the trail and traceback.

Can you help me figure it out please? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you're using Visual Studio as IDE you can simply attach the debugger to the xtop.exe process just before you restart your application and add a break point at the beginning of your user_initialize() function. When starting the app, the debugger will jump into it and you can check step by step which areas of your code get executed until the crash occurs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you're using Visual Studio as IDE you can simply attach the debugger to the xtop.exe process just before you restart your application and add a break point at the beginning of your user_initialize() function. When starting the app, the debugger will jump into it and you can check step by step which areas of your code get executed until the crash occurs.

Thank you! It helps me 🙂

Top Tags