cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Building addon dll from Visual Studio solution

ZS_10383889
6-Contributor

Building addon dll from Visual Studio solution

Hello my friends,

I was required to convert my solution which is based on the makefile in favor of Visual Studio (2019) project. I compiled and built my product using property sheets, but I cannot unlock it with the following message: "Unlocking this application requires option 294." 

I checked all the licensing, and it is perfectly OK. I found the similar case described in 

Article - CS274507 Error "Unlocking this application requires option ObjectToolkitCpp" while unlocking an OTK application even though the OTK license is available as part base license of Creo Parametric. The resolution of PTC is that works as expected and to unlock OTK CPP application user need to have separate
Floating license option of ObjectToolkitCpp (294) license.

The unlocking worked fine with makefile. I checked documentation and did not find out what is Floating license or how to use it. Any suggestions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:ZS_10383889)

it appears you are piling all tasks into msbuild.

to localize the issue, you should try to separate making a dll and unlocking it into two steps - if you could unlock a dll using protk_unlock.bat from a command prompt with working directory set to 'parametric\bin' it would tell you that the most likely problem is your visual studio environment settings.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Article - "What is the difference between the floating license and locked license": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs65142

ZS_10383889
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks. What are the steps needed to obtain this license?

"Get in Touch with a PTC Sales Representative": https://www.ptc.com/en/contact-us

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:ZS_10383889)

it appears you are piling all tasks into msbuild.

to localize the issue, you should try to separate making a dll and unlocking it into two steps - if you could unlock a dll using protk_unlock.bat from a command prompt with working directory set to 'parametric\bin' it would tell you that the most likely problem is your visual studio environment settings.

Top Tags