cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Y B C Coordinate System

Highlighted

Converting Y B C Coordinate System

Hi,

I've been given Y,B,C coordinates to draw up various tube models; is there anything within Pro/E or any convertor that can model these tubes?

Normally I model using X, Y, Z cartesian coordinate system which is straight forward.

Any help would be appricated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Converting Y B C Coordinate System

Hello Andy

Do you can rename your datum coordinate system with ModelCheck.

In the ModelCheck it is possible set configuration options DATUM_RENAME to "y". (If this check is enabled and a specified datum is found in the model, ModelCHECK renames it. Datums to be renamed are specified using the config tags PRT_DATUM_RENAME and ASM_DATUM_RENAME.)

In the start file set:

PRT_DATUM_RENAME YBC XYZ

Note: YBC is old name for coordinate system, XYZ is new name for coordinate system

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the information, but I many have lead you up the wrong path!

X, Y, Z are cartesian co-ordinate points

Y, B, C are length between bends, rotation and angle of bends also known as LRA.

It maybe only CNC bending information, I'm not too sure.

Kind regards

Andy

Hello Andy

Uppps,I had misunderstood your problem.

With CNC informations I do not have a experience , but at least you know the possibility of renaming of datum features.

Have a nice day.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Andy,

If you have the Pro/Piping extension that will give you the reverse capability, that is "YBC" output for NC bending from a completed pipe model; I don't think you can go the other way however. (I may be wrong, not having used Pro/Piping to any great extent.) Have you tried the Pipe feature? (Insert/Advanced/Pipe) This may give you what you need. Otherwise, you should be able to construct what you need using a series of Coordinate Systems and Datum Curves, depending on the complexity of your models. Good luck!

David

Vladimir,

Not a problem, thanks for you help.

David,

I've had a quick look at Pro/Pipe and I can't seem to find the Y,B,C input. I think you are right it's only an output and not reversible. The only options with in Pro/Pipe are spherical, cylindrical and Cartesian inputs.

Thanks for you help.

Andy