cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Cutter comp for volume sequence

mz
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Cutter comp for volume sequence

I'm having trouble getting a volume sequence to output with a G41. I have the comp parameter turned ON and a small lead in/lead out radius value. I also have a small .010 tangent step with a 90 deg approach and exit. I've used volume sequences before with C-comp successfully. Don't know what I'm doing wrong this time? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
snguyen
1-Newbie
(To:mz)

do you have the "rough_option" parameter set to profile? Also "cut_entry_ext" to lead_in. and "cut_exit_ext" to lead out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
snguyen
1-Newbie

do you have the "rough_option" parameter set to profile? Also "cut_entry_ext" to lead_in. and "cut_exit_ext" to lead out.

gkoch
1-Newbie

Hello Matt,

Please let us know, what was eventually the outcome!

Did Son's suggestion help you solve the issue?

If yes, please take the time to mark it as Correct Answer, to let community know the question has been answered.

Thanks,

Gunter

mz
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

The "rough option" was set to "rough and prof" with the profile stock allow set to "0". I didn't see the "cut_entry_ext" or "cut_exit_ext" option you mentioned. I did have the "lead_in" and "lead_out"  option set to "yes" for both.

After I posted my comment, I was messing around with different setting options, I ended up remaking the sequence with the same parameters and it then posted with the G41 like I was looking for. Hmmm.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Top Tags