cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Debug sync dll

sureshkumar.chi
1-Newbie

Debug sync dll

I cant debug a code.i have linked all protoolkit header files and libs to a source code(c#) and even if i hover over a toolkit function it shows its argument and return type. But still when i set a breakpoint to a callback function i get a message"The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been "

<h1></h1>

Regards

Suresh

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Suresh,

If you are debugging through Visual Studio.
Select Debug->Windows->Modules
See if your dll is being loaded and if it has Symbols Loaded message

If "No symbols loaded" message appears against your dll, check the
following.
Compiler Options should have "Program Database (/Zi)" selected.
Linker Options/Debugging should have "Yes(/DEBUG)" for "Generate Debug
Info" option.

If you are using makefile
Add /Zi or /ZI to compiler options.
Add /DEBUG to linker options.

Other than these, I am not aware of any reason why breakpoints should not
be hit.

Regards,

Vinay

On 25 February 2013 16:08, suresh kumar <
sureshkumar.chinnasamy@sconcesolutions.com> wrote:

> I cant debug a code.i have linked all protoolkit header files and libs to
> a source code(c#) and even if i hover over a toolkit function it shows its
> argument and return type. But still when i set a breakpoint to a callback
> function i get a message "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No
> symbols have been "
>
> Regards
>
> Suresh
>
>
>

Suresh,

I have had a similar issue when debugging with Visual Studio 2010. When attaching the debuggerto the xtop dll I had to change the value of <attach to:="> from "Automatic" to "Debug these code types" and check the option native. From then on the symbol were loaded.

Regards,

Jan

Hi Jan,vinay

Jan i tried your idea but it still i m getting a message"The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been ",i m also using vs 2010.

Vinay i m using make file i have added compiler and linker options but still i couldnt resolve it and pdb file was also not created.Please Find the attachment for the make file and see if i have added the compiler and linker options correctly.

Regards

Suresh

Hi

Sorry The pdb file is created but still i m unable debug.

Regards

suresh

Top Tags