cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Developing a free Toolkit application

DomenicLaritz
16-Pearl

Developing a free Toolkit application

Is it allowed to develop a free Toolkit application and distribute it over SourceForge for example?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You must pay PTC a negotiated royalty if you develop a general use Pro/TOOLKIT program.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Toolkit applications require special licensing in order to be to be released to the world. Therefore releasing source code on Sourceforge will not help much anyone who doesn't have the necessary license to compile and unlock the binary file.

If you use JLink/VB or WebLink you are not going to face this limitation, as the product of these development tools do not require a special license to be released. Anyone will be able to download the source code and utilize it.

As far as I know, PTC has no interest in the destination of the program you develop as long as you pay for the licenses.

Hope it helped

Uriel Avron

Harmonic Systems Ltd.

Maybe my question was too inexact ...

My company has a license for TOOLKIT and so I'm able to unlock these binary files.

But is unlocking and the distribution of the application allowed?

Or is there a special license required (although there is no intention to make profit with it)?

You must pay PTC a negotiated royalty if you develop a general use Pro/TOOLKIT program.

Thanks for the info, Patrick! That is as feared.

Top Tags