cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How do I get the id of a drawing view?

AndreasHellmann
3-Visitor

How do I get the id of a drawing view?

Hi all,

in the past I created drawing views in drawings with Toolkit or Weblink.

So with Toolkit I have the pointer of ProView after creating the view and I can access it later.

But now Iwant to access an existing view I did not create with Toolkit. This should be done by id or name. ProDrawingViewNameGet() gives the name of a ProView pointer - but how do I get the ID?

I am missing something likeProDrawingViewIdGet().

Any ideas? I think it should work because as far as I know with Weblink, I can use the pfcChild property OId.Id to get the id.

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Rudolf-Diesel-Str. 6
D-65439 Floersheim / Germany

phone: +49 6145 598296
mail: -

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi all,

Andreas, did you try to use ProDrawingViewsCollect or ProDrawingViewVisit to get ProView pointers?

I am not sure if you ever need a view id to access available Pro/Toolkit ProDrawingView related functions.

FV.

Yes - you are right. I can identify all views by their names. And with the view name I can get the handle to the view.

But I am working with a partner I am developing an asynch application. And they want to pass a view id to my app. The view name can be modified by the user - id not...

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Rudolf-Diesel-Str. 6
D-65439 Floersheim / Germany

phone: +49 6145 598296
mail: -

Currently, there isn’t API to retrieve the view ID from given drawing and view.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi all,

Andreas, did you try to use ProJlinkTaskExecute to access functionality which is available in Jlink?

Another thing to try is to attach toxtop process with debugger,interactively select drawing view, get Select3d structure out of ProSelection and see if selcted_id member was set. If selected_id was set and it was the same as from Jlink you could try to figure out how to use this id...

Another trick is to attach a symbol to a view and erase the symbol instance to hide it from a user. Symbol instance could serve as the view mark. Just a thought.

HIH.

FV.

Top Tags