cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to call external REST webservices from Creo parametric

AK_9776674
8-Gravel

How to call external REST webservices from Creo parametric

Hello,

I am new to Creo parametric. I am getting "Startup of Application failed" dialog popup when I try to run a jlink application through Auxiliary Applications option under Tools menu. This jlink application is calling some cloud Rest APIs. If I remove these Webservice calls, then the jlink app runs fine.

Is there any option to call external REST services from Creo Parametric? Or any option to trigger separate program which in turn can call these web services?

Thanks,

Apoorva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sjuraj
13-Aquamarine
(To:AK_9776674)

Calling REST api from jlink is easy. Error you get is not caused by your code. It could by caused by wrong classpaths, not found resources etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Did you use some external Java library for REST call?

Maybe, Creo can't found this library. Add any library to the *.dat file using java_app_classpath option.

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine
(To:YaroslavSin)

You can also bundle all dependencies in one jar file with maven assembly plugin https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1729054/including-dependencies-in-a-jar-with-maven

sjuraj
13-Aquamarine
(To:AK_9776674)

Calling REST api from jlink is easy. Error you get is not caused by your code. It could by caused by wrong classpaths, not found resources etc.

Top Tags