cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Integrate Calculation Tool (External Analysis)

Florian0205
6-Contributor

Integrate Calculation Tool (External Analysis)

Hello,

I´ve just started working on a project, where I should integrate a calculation tool in Creo Parametric. I thought it would be a good idea to write the program in Java and run it via the "External Analysis" option in Creo.

Now I have some questions:

-I need to solve a Surface Integral in my external Java program, therefore I need to pass a curve or some curve points (maybe as vector?) to my Java program, so it can solve the Surface Integral numerically. But I can only pass dimensions and parameters of the Creo part to an external file (.csv,...) and I didnt find a way to define a vector of points or anything similar as parameter. How can I do that?

-There is only very few information how the "External Analysis" Tool works in the Creo Documentation. Which "Script Commands" do I have to use to start an external program (which reads the data from a .csv file and asks me for further input and then solves the Surface Integral)?

-Is there a better way of developing such a tool? I don´t have Creo Toolkit at the moment.

Thanks in advance,

Florian

2 REPLIES 2

can't totally get you meanning, however, i think you may need the Interface Geomentry curve, you can get the curve 3D data and export to .csv file or other.

Tparams.JPG

Florian0205
6-Contributor
(To:MurphyMin)

My intention is to get a vector of curve points or something else which describes a curve in my CAD model right from Creo Parametric. The screenshot you sent me is from a Toolkit documentation, right?

Anyways, I didn´t really manage to find any function in Creo Parametric to get a definition of a curve which I can pass to a csv file in "external analysis".

Top Tags