cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Intelligent Fastener folder

Fortech
4-Participant

Intelligent Fastener folder

Hi all, 

I would like to know if exist a parameter to set up for not create a fastener file everytime I add a fastner into a assembly.

If I insert a new fastner using IFX, I will have  a prt file inside the folder of my project. Is it possible to save all the fastnere that I will use in every assembly in a single folder so is not necessary to re-crate a new file everytime I will insert that fastner in another assembly?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

if you do not have a file management system like Windchill, you can use a search path in Creo where you can store existing files like fasteners and so on.

You find several help files for this in the Help Center.

Here e.g. is an example.

Example: Adding Search Paths (ptc.com)

IFX support such mechanism.

Set the IFX option 'USE_ARCHIVES' to 'YES' and set the IFX option 'PATH_ABS_ARCHIVES' to an existing folder.

General Configuration Options (ptc.com)

Also set a Creo option 'search_path' to this folder.

If you now create new parts with IFX they will automatically be created in the 'PATH_ABS_ARCHIVES' folder.

And if the Creo Option 'search_path' ist set, they will be reused later on if you assemble the same fastener.

If you want to create more than one instance, you can use the IFX 'Instance Creator' to create all instances from one *.dat file.

To Create Library Components (ptc.com)

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

if you do not have a file management system like Windchill, you can use a search path in Creo where you can store existing files like fasteners and so on.

You find several help files for this in the Help Center.

Here e.g. is an example.

Example: Adding Search Paths (ptc.com)

IFX support such mechanism.

Set the IFX option 'USE_ARCHIVES' to 'YES' and set the IFX option 'PATH_ABS_ARCHIVES' to an existing folder.

General Configuration Options (ptc.com)

Also set a Creo option 'search_path' to this folder.

If you now create new parts with IFX they will automatically be created in the 'PATH_ABS_ARCHIVES' folder.

And if the Creo Option 'search_path' ist set, they will be reused later on if you assemble the same fastener.

If you want to create more than one instance, you can use the IFX 'Instance Creator' to create all instances from one *.dat file.

To Create Library Components (ptc.com)

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Thanks a lot  for your support, it's exactly what I was looking for

Just a question: where I can find the IFX option? There is no USE_ARCHIVE or PATH_ABS_ARCHIVES in my config.pro file 

Hi, 

you find the IFX options under Tools > Intelligent Fastener > Options.

The Intelligent Fastener group is only available in assembly mode.

tools-ifx-options.png

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH
Top Tags