cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Is there support for Drawing Representations?

AntonioVillanue
8-Gravel

Is there support for Drawing Representations?

I see in the guide about simplified representations but not drawing representations. I would like to ultimately distinguish between notes associated with views and textual block notes on the drawing and in the title block. I would think if I can retrieve a drawing with 'no views', all the views and associated items would be blank. Then I can call GetIsDisplayed() to figure out what is left. I didn't even see anything to erase the views. Is this just not supported?

7 REPLIES 7

Hello Antonio

There is not much on drawing Reps, but allot on drawing views, notes, and tables. This is a number of ways to determine if a note is associated to a view or in a table. You can email me at jfelkins@felcosolutions.com to ask me more detail questions if you like. Thank you.

Confirmed with PTC Tech Support. Toolkit can do it but not JLink. In regard to my interrogation of notes, I was able to filter out all notes that did not have leader lines associated with it.

Any ideas how to retrieve a drawing with 'no views' using C Toolkit?

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:YaroslavSin)

The following article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs244978 suggests to set the option call ProMdlFiletypeLoad() as ProMdlLoad is deprecated with 3rd argument to True.
This will prompt the request the No View rep.

YaroslavSin
17-Peridot
(To:remy)

Looks like ProMdlFiletypeLoad() will ask user input to chose the representation.

The main idea, is to load a drawing to the session even if a model for this drawing is corrupted. If I open the drawing without views, in this case a drawing model not loaded to the session, but I can work with drawing parameters.

So, I'm looking a way to load the drawing without model and without user input.

Any ideas?

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:YaroslavSin)

Hi you are looking for a methodology to open drawings and skip the relationship with the 3D model at loading. It is a fair request as sometimes indeed this relationship can have been severed. 
This capability has been a recurring pipe dream for years and this is not part of Creo Parametric capabilities and by corollary not part of Creo Toolkit capabilities. 

YaroslavSin
17-Peridot
(To:remy)

Hi Remy. Thank you for clarification.

I'll try to ProMdlFiletypeLoad() plus mapkeys. I'll post if will success.

Top Tags