cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Keyboard shortcut for switching to/from model tree

tleati
10-Marble

Keyboard shortcut for switching to/from model tree

Hello,

anyone knows whether there is a keyboard shortcut for switching from the graphic model area to the model tree in the right column? (instead of using the mouse).

(I only know there is a command, the key Q, which hides/shows the right column... there must be also one to do this switching...)

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:tleati)

I haven't understand what you are trying to do, but try this mapkey:

mapkey x ~ Command `ProCmdLocateInMdlTree`; ~ RButtonArm `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree`;

Just paste it in your config.pro, restart Creo and call mapkey "x"

Jose

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

mapkey x @MAPKEY_NAMEHIDE TREE;@MAPKEY_LABELHIDE TREE;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdEnvModelTree` 0;

tleati
10-Marble
(To:SYNDAKIT)

Hallo Syndakit,

thanks for your reply but I am not an expert-user, could you explain better what you wrote?

thanks

Bye

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

Sure,

so let me make sure i understand what you want.

you want your model tree to be able to toggle visible/hidden correct?

tleati
10-Marble

Not exactly, the toggle visible/hidden is already possible (in my software, I don't know whether it's default or not) using the key "Q".

What instead I am meaning is a keyboard shortcut to activate the model tree window, just like as I click on it with the mouse (activation of the model tree window is needed, for instance, if you want to rename a feature, or move, or whatever else you do in the model tree...): normally, if that window is not active (while you are moving your 3d for example), a feature in the model tree is circled with a dotted line but if you press space to rename it, it does't do anything, just because the model tree window is not active (you have to click on it with the mouse)...

If it is not clear I'll try to send you a video of it.

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

is this in creo parametric?

if that is the case. i can alt+tab to get to my model tree. but i have a feeling you might not be using creo parametric

tleati
10-Marble

Yes I am using Creo parametric 2.0 M110, and the alt+tab I already tried it, changes the window and does not go on the model tree...(my model tree is embedded in the 3d model window) (see the attached screenshot)

model_tree.png

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

if you are running dual monitors, i would strongly recomend having a floating model tree.

then the model tree is treated like an independent window and the alt+tab will activate it.

Does this sound like something you would want to try?

tleati
10-Marble

yes I am running dual monitors but indeed the other one is always occupied, and the ease of that window is that it's embedded in the 3d model window...

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

Okay so I set my config back to having the model tree as part of the navigation tab.

and mine stays active at the part level.

for example if i select a part in the model window then rmb click I have the same options as if i were to go to the model tree and select that same part. I can rename without out selecting the model tree.

this is true on the part level.

is there a specific command that you would want to use the most?

if you have one thing you use the most i would make a mapkey.

if you are not sure how to make map keys i can help with that too.

sorry i couldn't get a solid solution for you

tleati
10-Marble

don't worry I thank you for your help.

yes indeed it can be done in the 3d model too, the fact is that it's visually more immediate in the model tree, for grouping features for example...

and mapkeys what are they exactly? like macros? yes I am interested in knowing how to...

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

okay, so first thing is to make sure all windows of creo are closed except one.

from there go into the file>options

then select the window settings.

now you should have a check box that says something like enable floating model tree.

last thing is to create a mapkey that shows/ hides the tree. (this step is optional but i recommend it.)

mapkey x @MAPKEY_NAMEHIDE TREE;@MAPKEY_LABELHIDE TREE;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdEnvModelTree` 0;

copy and past those last two lines into your config.pro file

tleati
10-Marble

Hi,

the fact is that I already have a function with the button "Q" that hides and shows the navigator column on the right, is that you are meaning?

I tried to do what you wrote me but anything happens...

I send you a video of it...

bye

Video Link : 5664

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

Yes, this is different than the navigation tab.

here is a picture. can you get to this option?model_tree_check_box.JPG

tleati
10-Marble

I don't have the same option as yours, I don't know why, (maybe you have creo 3.0
? I have 2.0 M110): I have only a drop-down menu titled "model tree positioning" (in italian "posizionamento albero modello") with these options:

- embedded in the navigation tabs ("come parte delle schede di navigazione");

- above graphic area ("sopra area grafica")

- below graphic area ("sotto area grafica")

window.png

(I don't know how to, if possible, switch quickly to english language in Creo, without having to open the seven seas ...)

psobejko
12-Amethyst

I think that you need to have the option:

enable_tree_indep yes

in your config.pro file in order to be able to make the model tree separate.

tleati
10-Marble
(To:psobejko)

Ok I inserted this string in the config.pro file as you wrote me, nothing seems chhanged tough...neither the window settings menu...

Tommaso Leati wrote:

(I don't know how to, if possible, switch quickly to english language in Creo, without having to open the seven seas ...)

Tomasso,

you can switch to English, if you add the following options into you config.pro file:

DIALOG_TRANSLATION no

HELP_TRANSLATION no

MSG_TRANSLATION no

MENU_TRANSLATION no

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hallo Martin,

I put these strings in the config file but the language is remained the same, maybe our distributor installed only the italian language pack...I'll ask them on this point.

Tomasso,

as far as I know every Creo installation contains English version.

Note:

1.] config.pro containing my options must be loaded during Creo startup

2.] if you use config.sup and it contains my options, then you cannot reset their values in config.pro

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I don't know about the point 2) of your reply (what .sup stands for?).

I know that we work with a particular pack installed by our distributor called Start-Up Tool (acronym: SUT) that doesn't work with one config.pro only, but indeed its config.pro is splitted into many (see image below):

splitted+config+pro.png

I think language options are inside the "general options" part (config_cdm_it_c2p_generali.pro)

Tomasso,

your Creo configuration is specific. Therefore you have discuss switching to English language with your distributor.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

yes...and I already contacted ptc support and they managed to change the language but only in the Creo installed outside the SUT, with a Windows' control panel setting:

Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items -> System -> Advanced System Setting -> Environment Variables -> New -> insert ("lang - C")

dschenken
21-Topaz I

.sup is the suffix that tells Creo to read and lock the config settings in that are listed in that file.

It is intended to be used by sup-ervisors to make certain settings so they can't be changed by subordinates.

This would include things like paths to drawing formats, and the like. Some settings should never be in the config.sup file - Mapkeys for example, as the first time it appears the ability to add other mapkeys is prevented.

Thank you for the information, I will ask my trainer next time about this. But we don't have the problem of supervisory control at the moment.

tleati
10-Marble

Hi Syndakit,

I managed to insert those lines in the config.pro (I had some problems in searching the mapkeys file as our config.pro is splitted).

The mapkey works, but indeed it only shows/hides the model tree window, without activating it for example after I click on a feature in order to rename it or modify or whatever else...

SYNDAKIT
14-Alexandrite

Okay, that's good you have that working.

now just do the old alt+tab to find your model tree window

if there is a specific command in the model tree that you would like to use, we could probably make you a mapkey for that too.

tleati
10-Marble

the problem is that, exactly like the "measure" window does (the one that appears when you click the button with a white ruler icon), if you try to switch between the model tree window and the graphics area it's sufficient to press alt+tab, but if you want to do the contrary (from the the graphics area back to the model tree window) you have to press alt+tab+ two times left arrow...and at this point it's faster to click on it with the mouse (but it's quite unease as I was saying)...

(see attached screen recording video).

I also tried to write a mapkey to activate the model tree window (mapkey recorded with a mouse click), but it seems to not be working...where I am wrong?

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

I haven't understand what you are trying to do, but try this mapkey:

mapkey x ~ Command `ProCmdLocateInMdlTree`; ~ RButtonArm `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree`;

Just paste it in your config.pro, restart Creo and call mapkey "x"

Jose

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:Jose_Costa)

Or Shift+Tab Seems to work too .

Top Tags