cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

gcontreras
1-Newbie

Macro

Hi!! I am making static simulations and doing a lot of analisis, I´m chaging the geometry and checking the displacement and mass of the edited part. Since I´m doing a lot of analisis, I wanted to know if there is a way in Creo to connect a programming Software like Matlab or Visual Studio to use a macro or programm that could Analyse and document the results from the analisis?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Edna

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:gcontreras)

If it was just a single number then it will show up in the results dialog box along with max_stress_vm and all of the other default measurements. If it has multiple data points then you need to open it as a measure. Change the display type to Graph and the QTY to measure. Then it will show the result as a graph that you can export to Excel.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Chris3
20-Turquoise

I am not sure what kind of results you are referring to, but a lot of the Creo Simulate results can be exported to a text file our a csv, xls for graphs. Depending on what you are trying to do, you could create a mapkey to automate exporting the results to a text file and then open it as desired in an external program.

hi Christopher,

thanks a lot for your answer. That would be very helpfull, I would like to export this results to an xls. how could I do this?

since when I select save as, the only type option that appears is .rwd

Chris3
20-Turquoise

You have to create a measurement for whatever aspect of the analysis you are trying to export and then you can export the results to another format. The results will either show up in the output dialog box if the measurement is a single number (ie maximum stress) or you can view the measurement results in a graph (ie output ASD). You can then either copy the number from the text or output the graph to one of the formats I mentioned.

What do you mean by creating a measurment? I can see all this measurments in my results. In edit I select "Window results" and then I can choose displacement, or max. stress etc. And then it is shown, but how create?? The steps of exporting to another Format are missing me, since as I said before I can just save as .rwd and in Export just exports either the Video, or the Picture or in HTML with also formats that I can´t read.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Prior to running your analysis you need to setup measures

Capture.PNG

Thank you! So I did my measurment and i can see it then in the simulation. But it still doesn´t give me the option to export to xls. Just this ones: .rwd, .ol, .rwt, .html, .mpg, .avi

Chris3
20-Turquoise

If it was just a single number then it will show up in the results dialog box along with max_stress_vm and all of the other default measurements. If it has multiple data points then you need to open it as a measure. Change the display type to Graph and the QTY to measure. Then it will show the result as a graph that you can export to Excel.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Thank you I appriciate it.

Top Tags