cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Medium Fit for Thru Holes in UNC Hole Tables

ptc-2513036
1-Newbie

Medium Fit for Thru Holes in UNC Hole Tables

Hi,

I have been trying to incorporate all callout notes for ISO and for UNC/UNF into two tables. This includes all of our applicable scenarios: Tapped, Clearance, C'BORE and C'SINK.

Did this by adding a DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA section to each table and it works brilliantly.

The only problem I have is that my UNC/UNF (INCH) table will not display the Medium Fit option when defining a Clearance hole.

The UNC/UNF (INCH) table (In Testing) was created after the ISO table was completed and deployed by doing a save as from the ISO table and updating the THREAD_DATA values.

Does anyone have any tips for resolving this issue?

Regards,

Jason Knighten

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ptc-2513036)

Medium fit is only valid and displayed when the hole table is using metric units.

[cid:image001.png@01CE3516.CDC119A0]

Tom U.
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ptc-2513036)

No idea. Asking ‘why’ about PTC products usually doesn’t lead to a satisfying answer.

Why can’t holes change size via relations (1/2-13 to 3/8-16, etc.)?
Why can’t holes change size via a family table?
Why can’t thread depth be controlled independently?
Why can’t drill depth be controlled independently?
Why haven’t the hole tables been updated/expanded since version 24 (22 for UNF)?

… and on and on.
It’s no wonder people are forced to create their own custom holes and the tools to use them.

Tom U.
Top Tags