cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Medium Fit for Thru Holes in UNC Hole Tables

ptc-2513036
1-Newbie

Medium Fit for Thru Holes in UNC Hole Tables

Hi,

I have been trying to incorporate all callout notes for ISO and for UNC/UNF into two tables. This includes all of our applicable scenarios: Tapped, Clearance, C'BORE and C'SINK.

Did this by adding a DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA section to each table and it works brilliantly.

ScreenHunter_51+Apr.+08+11.33.jpg

The only problem I have is that my UNC/UNF (INCH) table will not display the Medium Fit option when defining a Clearance hole.

ScreenHunter_52+Apr.+08+11.35.jpgScreenHunter_53+Apr.+08+11.35.jpg

The UNC/UNF (INCH) table (In Testing) was created after the ISO table was completed and deployed by doing a save as from the ISO table and updating the THREAD_DATA values.

Does anyone have any tips for resolving this issue?

Regards,

Jason Knighten

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is probably not considered an issue because the machinery handbook only defines a close and nominal fit as "convention".

Kudos for the effort to standardize this. What is the policy when someone wants something different from what is in the tables?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

It is probably not considered an issue because the machinery handbook only defines a close and nominal fit as "convention".

Kudos for the effort to standardize this. What is the policy when someone wants something different from what is in the tables?

Top Tags