cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Narrowing selection type

ZS_10383889
6-Contributor

Narrowing selection type

Hello all,

Is there some way to set the filter in the lower right of the status bar programmatically to narrow the selection type? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe, you can run mapkey to change a value in the selection filter listbox.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:ZS_10383889)

the first argument to ProSelect() function is a 'run-time' selection filter.

FV_0-1667948374177.png

ZS_10383889
6-Contributor
(To:FV)

Thanks.

I think I was not specific enough. I intended to say without using function ProSelection.

Now I think that the filter in the lower right of the status bar does not anything but just serves as parameter to be applied for the above function.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

are you trying to use  ProSelbufferSelectionsGet(...) function?

ZS_10383889
6-Contributor

Yes, that is exactly what I do. But the user on each stage should be able to choose only one specific type. So, I want to provide this without using Parametric UI but programmatically.

Maybe, you can run mapkey to change a value in the selection filter listbox.

If there is no other choice. Thanks.

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

perhaps UI could be programmed similar to how hole-feature definition's 'Placement' dialog box is working - the dialog starts with pre-selection enabled 'Placement' input panel, but for 'Offset References' panel - an end user must left-click on the panel area and that starts ProSelect() (in no-dialog-mode) which specifies available selection filters. 

ZS_10383889
6-Contributor

Thanks FV,

But for now, I prefer to avoid ProSelect() complexities all together and filtering from selections. This greatly simplifies the program flow.

Announcements

Top Tags