cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Remove Parameter Name

ddhini
14-Alexandrite

Remove Parameter Name

I have a Model in my Creo Session.I named Some Parameter of my model .Is it possible to remove the parameter or delete the parameter.

Ex:Here I named some Parameter Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4,Col5 respectively.I want  to delete all  the parameter except Col1 by using J-Link .Is it possible ?.I don't know where to start.Suggest some Ideas.

Model.JPG                                                                                                                     

Thanks in Advance.

6 REPLIES 6
ddhini
14-Alexandrite
(To:ddhini)

I found pfcModelItem.Parameter.Delete .but not sure about how to start .

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:ddhini)

What you are showing in the image is dimensions, not parameters. A parameter is a variable value that you can set and use in relations, etc. I don't know if you can delete a dimension via a program if it is being used in the definition of a sketch or other entity. A parameter can be deleted as long as it has not been used in a relation. If you just want to get rid of the particular dimension name, you could rename the dimension to something else, perhaps.

ddhini
14-Alexandrite
(To:KenFarley)

Here I provided Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4,Col5 name in model.So I want to delete all the names except Col1.Is it possible?

Thanks for your Response Mr.Kenneth.

Hi,

as Kenneth Farley told you ... you cannot delete Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4,Col5, because these symbols represent model dimension driving model geometry. You can rename them, if you do not want see Col2,Col3,Col4,Col5 names.

MH

Martin Hanák
ddhini
14-Alexandrite
(To:KenFarley)

Yes You are Right @ KennethJ.Farley

I understand what is Parameter and i want to delete some parameter by using J-Link .

Session session = pfcGlobal.GetProESession();

Model model=session.GetCurrentModel();

Parameter Param = null;

String parmselect="dim1";

Param=model.GetParam(parmselect);

if((Param.GetName().equalsIgnoreCase(parmselect))){

Param.Delete();

}

In this method am deleting my parameter Successfully. But I can't able to delete the Locked Parameter.Is it possible to remove the Locked Parameter .Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

you have to identify the the cause of parameter locking. Usually parameter is locked because of relations. If you remove relation which sets parameter value, the parameter won't be locked anymore and you can delete it.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags