cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Scale model in J-Link?

gchampoux
1-Newbie

Scale model in J-Link?

In Creo Element Pro (Wildfire 5) what is the J-Link equivalent of: Edit > Scale Model ?

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

3 REPLIES 3

As far as I know scaling cannot be done with the APIs.

It might be a good idea to try using a mapkey that is executed by BaseSession.RunMacro().

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Am Wartfeld 7
D-61169 Friedberg

phone: +49 151 21259910

It can’t be done directly but you can go through an assembly recursively and hit all the models with a change of units with appropriate options. I just finished a code that allows users to scale an assembly and it uses that approach. It’s done with toolkit so I don’t know about J-Link.

W.C. (Bill) Bowling
Fellow-Engineering Design Process Development

Aerojet Rocketdyne
CAD Services

I somewhat recall that in the pre-Wildfire days, we effectively scaled by changing the units.
Does anyone have some example J-Link code to do this?

And yes, it is my intent to create a J-Link app to recursively scale an assembly.
The recursion part is not difficult.

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

In Reply to William Bowling:

It can’t be done directly but you can go through an assembly recursively and hit all the models with a change of units with appropriate options. I just finished a code that allows users to scale an assembly and it uses that approach. It’s done with toolkit so I don’t know about J-Link.

In Creo Element Pro (Wildfire 5) what is the J-Link equivalent of: Edit > Scale Model ?

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

Top Tags