cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Toolkit move from VS2010 (Creo2) to VS2015 (Creo4)

AlexCote
7-Bedrock

Toolkit move from VS2010 (Creo2) to VS2015 (Creo4)

Hi,

I am trying to figure out what the problem is with my Toolkit. I have a toolkit (DLL) that I compiled using VS2010 and it works fine.

Now I am trying to do some modification to it and compile it for Creo4. In the mean time change computer, so no more VS2010 installed.

I get this message:

image.png

Anyone can give me a hint on how to fix this?

Here's some settings:

image.pngimage.png

The only change from my previous compile, id the Creo path change from Creo 2 to Creo4, and also the "protk_dll_NU.lib" was "protk_dll.lib".

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

According to the user guide Appendix E it looks like you need to add ucore.lib and udata.lib to the library list.

The files are located on the same directory as protk_dll_NU.lib

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

According to the user guide Appendix E it looks like you need to add ucore.lib and udata.lib to the library list.

The files are located on the same directory as protk_dll_NU.lib

Thanks GabrielZaha, it did solve the issue. Never caught that detail !!  

Hello Team,

I am facing this similar issue and provided solution or workaround doesn't work fine with me...

I am migrating my Creo toolkit code base from VS 2010 to VS 2019  to upgrade it with few functionalities later; but face an error regarding protk_dll_NU.lib to build a solution.

All of them was related to object files in  protk_dll_NU.lib..  I  had also added udata.lib and ucore.lib into library dependencies as per previous solution to similar issue. but doesn't seem to work. refer images attached.

any quick solution or workaround will be greatly appreciated...!

SC_9767996_0-1621230826511.png

SC_9767996_1-1621230942552.png

Thank you,

Regards,

Srinivasan.C

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:Srinivasan)

looks like kernel32.lib, user32.lib and so on are missing from your link targets.

when moving from release to release it is generally a good idea to use LIBS line from make_install_cxx file in toolkit OBJ directory when setting up link targets in visual studio.

HIH.

FV_0-1621290394830.png

Srinivasan
4-Participant
(To:FV)

Thanks a lot...! 

Provided solution worked perfectly fine for me..!

Top Tags