cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Unable to open Protoolkit help file.

ptc-5030898
1-Newbie

Unable to open Protoolkit help file.

Hi

I don't whether this question is already answered or not.

I am trying to open protoolkit API help document (index.html) located in protkdoc directory.

But everythime it fails with AccessControlException "access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\protoolkit\protkdoc\images\PTCLOGO\ptclogo.gif" "read")"

Tried running IE in admin mode, but same result.

Can anybody help me to get this resolved. I am using Win7 64 bit. Creo 2.0 M70

the detailed log is :

Java Plug-in 10.51.2.13

Using JRE version 1.7.0_51-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

User home directory = C:\Users\sandeep.kavade

----------------------------------------------------

c: clear console window

f: finalize objects on finalization queue

g: garbage collect

h: display this help message

l: dump classloader list

m: print memory usage

o: trigger logging

q: hide console

r: reload policy configuration

s: dump system and deployment properties

t: dump thread list

v: dump thread stack

x: clear classloader cache

0-5: set trace level to <n>

----------------------------------------------------

CacheEntry[file:/C:/Program%20Files/PTC/Creo%202.0/Common%20Files/M070/protoolkit/protkdoc/APIWizardStartup.jar]: updateAvailable=false,lastModified=Wed Aug 28 09:10:39 IST 2013,length=2459

# Swing Found.

CacheEntry[file:/C:/Program%20Files/PTC/Creo%202.0/Common%20Files/M070/protoolkit/protkdoc/APIWizardUI.jar]: updateAvailable=false,lastModified=Wed Aug 28 09:10:39 IST 2013,length=91030

Reseting Vectors

Error dfdasfdsfdsfsd:java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\protoolkit\protkdoc\config.TXT" "read")

Error in reading Configuration File

Error dfdasfdsfdsfsd:java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\protoolkit\protkdoc\msg.TXT" "read")

Error in Reading Message File

Errorjava.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\protoolkit\protkdoc\api.IDX" "read")

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\protoolkit\protkdoc\api.IDX" "read")

at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.AWTAppletSecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(Unknown Source)

at java.io.File.isDirectory(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)

at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)

at API_DataManager.init_readAPITreeFile(API_DataManager.java:300)

at API_DataManager.<init>(API_DataManager.java:249)

at apiwizard.init(apiwizard.java:67)

at com.sun.deploy.uitoolkit.impl.awt.AWTAppletAdapter.init(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Foreground = sun.swing.PrintColorUIResource[r=51,g=51,b=51]

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I have something. I found the cause of this problem. Need to use Java version 1.6 instead 1.7. I made virtual machine based on Windows 7 with Java 1.6 and Internet Explorer 8. And all works fine.

You can download Java 1.6 by this link.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Sandeep,

This issue may occur due to Changes to JRE Security Dialogs. For detailed information refer below articles.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS130577

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS133402

I hope this will answer your query.

Regards,

Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for reply. The links provided talk about JRE 7 Upate 21 and Update 25.

I am not aware of how to start apiwizard in webserver. But thanks for the reply.

Hi Sergey Dobrovsky,

Thanks for reply. This is a nice work around. Now I have something which I can refer to.

Hello to all

I have the same problem. Вге I do not have access to the links shown above. What can I do with Java settings to open protoolkit help? Please, anybody help me ))

Hi,

Currently I don't have any solution for this. Again after Java update on my machine I am not able to access the above link.

PTC has to take some serious step to resolve this issue.

Hello,

I have something. I found the cause of this problem. Need to use Java version 1.6 instead 1.7. I made virtual machine based on Windows 7 with Java 1.6 and Internet Explorer 8. And all works fine.

You can download Java 1.6 by this link.

Announcements

Top Tags