cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Windows Security Dialog (genlwsc.exe) Opening Behind Active Window

smarcus3
5-Regular Member

Windows Security Dialog (genlwsc.exe) Opening Behind Active Window

Every time I first get onto the windchill server in Creo and am connected to a Windchill server, the authentication dialog (genlwsc.exe) opens behind the active window as shown with its icon blinking yellow. Any solutions for this???

The current 'solution' https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS303945, is to manually select it which isn't a solution.

Thanks.

Authentification.png

10 REPLIES 10
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:smarcus3)

May not be a 'solution' but it is the current workaround.

Some of my users see this and some don't. Just depends on the mood of Windchill. 

If your system is not up-to-date with Windows patches, then we get an EFX open error that totally blocks the Windows Security Dialog window. Have to kill the WIndows Security Dialog box, then OK the EFX error and then Windchill will let you login when you go through the Server Manager Window.

smarcus3
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Thanks for the reply. None of the user group gets an explicit error message, just the authentication dialog box opens behind Creo. 

Hello@smarcus3 

Try to change web browser type to other, by set config.pro option windows_browser_type

smarcus3
5-Regular Member
(To:YaroslavSin)

I like the idea; however, Chromium's authentication window also appears behind Creo 

What Creo version and browser type you using?

smarcus3
5-Regular Member

Creo 4.0 M070

Windows 10

Happens with both IE / Chrome

As workaround, it is possible to write app in Autoit or AutoHotkey. The application must waiting authentication window and bring it to front.

AutoIt script. Compile this application. Looking for login window and bring the window to top. To close the app click by icon in system tray.

#NoTrayIcon
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <TrayConstants.au3> ; Required for the $TRAY_ICONSTATE_SHOW constant.

Opt("TrayMenuMode", 3) ; The default tray menu items will not be shown and items are not checked when selected. These are options 1 and 2 for TrayMenuMode.

Example()

Func Example()

Local $idExit = TrayCreateItem("Exit")

TraySetState($TRAY_ICONSTATE_SHOW) ; Show the tray menu.

$classWnd = "[CLASS:Credential Dialog Xaml Host]" ;Login window class

While 1
        Switch TrayGetMsg()
            Case $idExit ; Exit the loop.
                ExitLoop
		 EndSwitch

; If windows is exist and not active (hiden under other windows)
	  If WinExists($classWnd) and Not BitAND(WinGetState ($classWnd),  Then

Local $r = WinSetOnTop ($classWnd, "", 1) ;bring to top
		 ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $r)
		 WinSetOnTop ($classWnd, "", 0)

EndIf

WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Example

PS: for IE browser

smarcus3
5-Regular Member

Thanks for the suggestion; however, I can't imagine I will be able to easily convince IT to install AutoIt or any other scripting software on all user's stations. I do like the solution as I'm sure it would resolve the issue however, I don't feel it will work for my case. 

Thanks for putting together the code though @YaroslavSin . Kudos. 

I see the resolutions are still being evaluated by PTC. Have you been able to learn anything more about this in the last 2 years?

Top Tags