cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

pfcAsyncConnection.AsyncConnection_Connect() throws XToolkitNotFound error for ONE user

DavidBigelow
17-Peridot

pfcAsyncConnection.AsyncConnection_Connect() throws XToolkitNotFound error for ONE user

I am using Creo Parametric Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.5.1

pfcAsyncConnection.AsyncConnection_Connect() throws XToolkitNotFound error

Here are the errors that I faced
We have a standalone J-Link application. When it tries to connect pfcAsyncConnection.AsyncConnection_Connect() throws a XToolkitNotFound error. This error has been duplicated with a separate test program that does nothing but connect.

This is only happening for one or two users at this one customer. Other customers, and other users at the same customer run this application without issue.

We've verified that their PATH is set up correctly, and that pro_comm_msg.exe is running. Their IT has verified that there isn't a security issue.

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Compare the hostname and the computername by running the Command prompt commands:
hostname
echo %computername%

If they indeed don't match, as resolution, either compile the runtime to the latest datecode or change the registery key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ComputerName\ComputerName

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Compare the hostname and the computername by running the Command prompt commands:
hostname
echo %computername%

If they indeed don't match, as resolution, either compile the runtime to the latest datecode or change the registery key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ComputerName\ComputerName

Martin Hanák

That fixed it.. Their computername was one letter shorter than their hostname, I assume due to computername allowing fewer characters than hostname.  User is working now!

Top Tags