cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

.Error Tag Does Not Trigger w/o Quick Client

YS_11353887
3-Visitor

.Error Tag Does Not Trigger w/o Quick Client

Hello, 

I am reading Channel.Device.System*_Error tag via OPC DA Client of the SCADA. I am able to read tags of the device but can't read the _Error tag and quality is bad, whenever I restart the kepserver computer.

After started the quick client I can see the tag quality is good.

Why this is happen? Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

@YS_11353887 

Are any of the other system tags other than the _Error tag showing as Bad Quality in your Scada application before opening the Quick Client?

Thanks,

*Chris 

I am only using _Error tag but using _Error tags from several devices. Same problem occur from different devices.

Thanks. 

@YS_11353887 

There are no known issues with the use of the _Error tag. Since you are seeing similar behavior across multiple devices, there may be an issue with the way the system tag is being implemented in your particular set up. I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team to analyze your specific architecture. My initial thought is that the system tags require a good connection before exhibiting good quality and becoming active.  It seems as though the opening of the Quick Client creates the good connection allowing the system tags to become active. The Kepware team will be able to provide a deeper analysis of your specific set up. Here is a link to the login page where a ticket can be opened.

Thanks,

*Chris

Thank you Chris, I will submit a ticket and try my chance.

Top Tags