cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Kepware Data refresh slowly.

WS_9991055
5-Regular Member

Kepware Data refresh slowly.

Data refresh delay for about 5 - 25 minutes from PLC to Thingworx by Kepware.

We connected Thingworx to PLC by Kepware. But the data refreshing is very slowly. Thingworx update the dat is after datata changed in PLC about 5 - 25 minutes. 

How can we set the Kepware  to reduce the delay time to less than 3 seconds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:WS_9991055)

In Kepware you should be able to set a scanrate for reading the PLC properties.

Then after that I would have the push of the data set to 'on change'

This should ensure that whenever Kepware reads a property value change, it is transmitted to ThingWorx and you only get new values in ThingWorx vs. duplicates.

So if the PLC properties are changing every second or so, it should be the scanrate that allows you to pick that up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

In Kepware you should be able to set a scanrate for reading the PLC properties.

Then after that I would have the push of the data set to 'on change'

This should ensure that whenever Kepware reads a property value change, it is transmitted to ThingWorx and you only get new values in ThingWorx vs. duplicates.

So if the PLC properties are changing every second or so, it should be the scanrate that allows you to pick that up.

WS_9991055
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

PaiChung, Thanks for your answer.

How can I set the scanrate? Is it the Data Rates on the Property Editer?(reference to attached Picture)

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I recommend you go through the Kepware intro classes on PTCU, they are quite short and will give you a comprehensive insight in all the parameters and configuration.

WS_9991055
5-Regular Member
(To:PaiChung)

Got it. Thanks.

Top Tags