cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

MItsubishi Ethernet, Kepserver

NN_10627449
3-Visitor

MItsubishi Ethernet, Kepserver

When communicating with Mitsubishi PLC via Mitsubishi Ethernet from kepServer, I wonder if it is difficult to link if they are on different networks.

I have already confirmed that linking is possible on the same network.

----------------------------------------------------------

Translated the topic from Korean to English using google translate.

Body - kepServer에서 Mitsubishi Ethernet을 통해 Mitsubishi PLC와 통신할 때 다른 네트워크에 있으면 연동이 어려운지 궁금합니다.

같은 네트워크에서 연동이 가능하다는 것은 이미 확인했습니다.

-By Community Moderation Team.

----------------------------------------------------------

5 REPLIES 5

@NN_10627449 

Multi-level networking will work as outlined in the page in manual provided in the following link:

https://ptc-p-001.sitecorecontenthub.cloud/api/public/content/87ac031549d746adbbd8b2590ebfe1a1?v=814255d4#page=16.

I also recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team to assist with analyzing your specific architecture.

Thanks,

*Chris

Thank you for your response.

I checked the contents of the link you sent me.

But what I wanted to know was the approach in a completely different network.

@NN_10627449 

In the example on page 16, you can see that PLC 3 serves as a relay device connecting two networks. Is this not what you are describing?  

Are you wanting to attempt the connection without the relay device? This cannot be done through KEPServerEX. I think you would benefit from opening a case with the Kepware team to get a complete look at your potential set up. Here is a link to the login page where a ticket can be submitted:

Thanks,

*Chris

@cmorehead 

The content on this page suggests that 192.168.111.1 and 192.168.111.3 belong to the same CIDR block.

My question is whether it's possible to access a Mitsubishi PLC on an internal network using KepserverEX on an external network.

Thanks,

@NN_10627449 

Multihoming you NIC may be best option to complete the desired connection. Here is a link our document on how to configure the multihoming:

Multihoming (ptc.com)

I still recommend opening a support ticket so the Kepware can analyze your exact set up needs.

Thanks,

*Chris

Announcements

Top Tags