cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Has anyone used Volumill

NickMihelich
6-Contributor

Has anyone used Volumill

I have had limited expirence using this 3rd party addon within Gibbs Cam but i was wondering if anyone had tried integrating it with NC manufacturing. The tool paths it generates look alot better than our constant load paths. http://www.celeritive.com/index.php

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
LeeGoodwin
5-Regular Member
(To:NickMihelich)

Hi Nick,

No experience here and no integration planned at this time, though I see they offer a "universal" add-on. I'd love to hear any feedback if you try it out and compare toolpaths on the same part.

WOW! You look exactly like that actor Richard Gere.

Hi Lee. I also inquired about Volumill and they currently don't have functionality for Creo manufacturing. Do you know if PTC is going to develop or has another add-on that has dynamic milling like Volumill because constant load is very limited?

Nick, there are no previous experience with Volumill, at least not a direct involvement with Creo NC Product Management. In other hand, if a 3rd Party vendor is under PTC Partner Advantage program there are some toolkits that could facilitate the interoperability.

Regards

Jose

Top Tags